Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) CyanogenMod 10.1 nightly ROM now comes to Acer Iconia Tab A700 tablet. As of now, there is no word as to when the tablet would be getting the official firmware, but, due credit to the CM 10.1 community for releasing the latest Jelly Bean ROM.
Those who wish to install the ROM in Iconia Tab (A700) can check this tutorial below. IBTimes UK will not be held responsible if your damage or brick the device during installation.
- Make sure the ClockworkMod recovery is installed
- Make a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM
- Enable USB debugging option
- Ensure the device has at least 80 percent battery charge
To install Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 nightly ROM on Acer Iconia Tab A700:
- Download Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 Nightly ROM and Google Apps on your computer
- Connect and mount the device on computer via USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card
- Switch the device off and disconnect from USB cable
- The device should enter Bootloader mode. Turn the device on while pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons
- Follow the onscreen instructions and choose Bootloader and then go to Recovery
- In CMW recovery, perform data wipe. Scroll to and select Flash Zip from SD Card
- Select Choose Zip from SD Card
- Navigate to and select the ROM file. Confirm the installation and the installation process should begin now
- Repeat the above step to install Google Apps
- Go to +++++Go Back and reboot the device by choosing Reboot System Now
You have now installed Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 Nightly ROM in Acer Iconia Tab A700.
[Source: Team Android]