Agnieszka Radwanska takes on Flavia Pennetta in the final of the 2014 BNP Paribas Open at Indian Wells, California on Sunday.
Where to Watch Live
The play starts at 7:00pm GMT. Live coverage of the game is on BT Sport 2. Real-time internet updates and live steaming link is available on ATP's official website.
Radwanska ousted Simona Halep in the semi-final of the BNP Paribas Open on Friday. The Pole was under pressure from in the initial stages of the game but managed to hold her ground before defeating the Romanian, 6-3, 6-4 in straight sets in a match lasting one hour and 23 minutes.
Meanwhile, the other semi-final on Friday witnessed a massive upset as top seed Na Li bowed out of the competition after losing to Pennetta. The world number two had earlier crushed the Italian en-route to victory in the 2014 Australian Open earlier this year.
But the 20th seed gained revenge and snatched the first set 7-6(5) in tie-break. The odds would have backed Li to come back strongly but Pennetta was having none of it. She cruised to a 6-3 victory in the second set to knock the Chinese out of the competition out of the competition to set up the clash against Radwanska in the final.
Route to final
- First Round: Bye
- Second Round: 6-4, 6-3 v Heather Watson
- Third Round: 6-0, 6-0 v Annika Beck
- Fourth Round: 7-5, 6-3 v Alize Cornet
- Quarter-final: 7-5, 2-6, 6-4 v Jelena Jankovic
- Semi-final: 6-3, 6-4 v Simona Halep
- First Round: Bye
- Second Round: 6-3, 6-7(4), 6-3 v Taylor Townsend
- Third Round: 6-4, 3-6, 6-1 v Samantha Stosur
- Fourth Round: 6-2, 6-1 v Camila Giorgi
- Quarter-final: 6-4, 5-7, 6-4 v Sloane Stephens
- Semi-final: 7-6 (5), 6-3 v Na Li
Radwanska has won four out of six encounters against Pennetta when they faced each other in the past.
The last clash between the pair took place in the Round of 16 of the 2014 Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championship where the Italian won, 6-4, 6-1.
BNP Paribas Open History
Radwanska defeated Pennetta, 6-4, 6-2, when they first met in the third round of this tournament in the year 2012.