Samsung Galaxy Note 2 users looking out for an official software update can avail of the XXALIH Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware. The N7100XXALIH Jelly Bean is now available for download. IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any damages that might occur on your device. Check out the tutorial below to install the firmware.
The firmware and the guide below are compatible only with Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100. Make sure you have installed USB drivers for your Galaxy Note 2. Enable USB debugging by heading to Settings > Developer options. Please note that all your data is backed up and ensure that your phone's battery should be 80 - 85 per cent charged. Finally, make sure that your phone is factory unlocked.
Install XXALIH Android 4.1.1 on your Galaxy Note 2 N7100:
- Turn off the phone and enter into Download mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down + Home keys and then keep pressing Power key until you see a Samsung logo or red and yellow text on the screen
- Launch Odin on PC and connect your phone to PC, while it is in the Download mode
- On successful connection, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number.
- Choose the files to be flashed on your phone. Check out the steps to be followed:
§ Click on PDA and choose file with CODE in its name
§ Click on Phone and choose file with MODEM in its name
§ Click on CSC and choose file with CSC in its name
§ Click on PIT and choose the .pit file
- In Odin, check Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options
- Click on Start button in Odin. Installation will begin now followed by restarting of the phone
You have installed XXALIH Android 4.1.1 on your Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
Root XXALIH Android 4.1.1 on your Galaxy Note 2:
- Switch the phone and enter into Download mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down + Home keys and then keep pressing Power key until you see a Samsung logo or red and yellow text on the screen
- Open Odin on your PC and connect the device
- Click on PDA and choose the file cwm6-root-note2.tar
- Check Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options in the Odin
- Click on Start button to begin installation
- After installation, your device will restart. Once you see the homescreen, unplug the device from PC
You have rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on XXALIH Android 4.1.1 software.
[Source: Team Android]