The Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 that was announced in September 2010 has been able to run on Android Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich operating system until now. Ever since the Jelly Bean source code was released developers have ported the software to a range of devices including smartphones and tablets.
Galaxy Tab P1000 users can now update their device to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean with CyanogenMod 10, courtesy of XDA Recognised Developer cdesai. The things working include wi-fi, Bluetooth, RIL (calls/3G/messaging), front-facing camera and audio. The issues in question relate to auto-rotation animation and external SD card.
Check out the steps below on how to install CM10 on Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000, courtesy of The Android Soul.
Please note that using the guide involves risk of data damage. IBTimes UK advises users to proceed at their own risk and will not be held responsible for any consequence.
Pre-requisites: Please keep in mind the method is compatible with Samsung Galaxy Tab with the model number P1000 and not any other device. To manually check your device's settings go to Settings > About tablet.
The method will wipe out all your data, apps and settings. IBTimes UK advises users to make a back-up of all your data and APN settings. Make sure that ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery has been already installed in the tablet.
- Download ROM from the official thread on xda-developers.
- Download Google Apps package
- Copy both downloaded files from step 1 and step 2 to the internal SDcard.
- Turn off your tablet and then boot into CWM recovery. To do so, press and hold Volume Up and Power buttons together, and then as soon as the screen turns on, release buttons. To scroll up and down use the Volume buttons.
- Choose Wipe Data/ Factory Reset and choose "Yes" to confirm on next screen.
- After completing the process, select Install Zip option from SDcard. Now, select choose Zip from SDcard and select ROM file.
- Choose "Yes" to confirm installation. The ROM will begin installing.
- After installing ROM, select choose zip from SDcard once again and choose gapps-jb-20120717-signed.zip file to install Google Apps package.
- After installing, go back to main recovery menu and choose reboot system now to reboot the device and boot into Jelly Bean.
The CM10, based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is installed on your Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000.