Samsung has recently started rolling out the most-awaited Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Over-the-Air (OTA) update with build I9505XXUHOB7 for the international LTE variant of Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) in the UK, while the industrious XDA Developers senior member, henklbr, has uploaded the stock firmware's image file via XDA.
The Android 5.0.1 Lollipop update hits the Galaxy S4 LTE model just a week after the S4 Black Edition received a similar update in the UK. The I9505XXUHOB7 Lollipop update is now available for download via KIES as well as manually through the step-by-step guide provided below.
Those who missed the OTA update notification and/or residing outside the UK can still enjoy the Lollipop stock firmware on their Galaxy S4 LTE by installing the official firmware manually via Odin, as outlined in the guide below.
Android 5.0.1 I9505XXUHOB7 Firmware Details
|Model name||GALAXY S4 LTE|
|Build date||Wed, 25 Feb 2015 15:44:46 +0000|
Key Points to Remember
- Ensure that you have installed proper USB drivers for Galaxy S4 on the computer.
- Create a backup of all important data of the phone using custom recovery, before following the installation guide.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to enable connectivity with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Go to Settings>> Developer Options and enable the USB Debugging option.]
- Ensure your S4 LTE is having at least 80% battery charge. Otherwise, the device might inadvertently shut down during the installation process due to lack of enough battery charge, which in turn could brick the device.
- Ensure your Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505 has been unlocked before you proceed.
- The phone will lose custom ROM and root access once the stock update is installed. Also, the custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- The Lollipop firmware build version I9505XXUHOB7 works with Galaxy S4 LTE variant only. As flashing this on any incorrect variant might brick the device, verify the model number by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number and then install firmware based on the model number.
- IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
How to install Android 5.0.1 Lollipop I9505XXUHOB7 stock firmware on Galaxy S4 LTE
Step-1: Extract the downloaded firmware zip via Winzip or WinRAR.
Step-2: Extract the Odin zip to get Odin3 v.3.09.exe with few other files
Step-3: Power off the Galaxy S4 and boot it into Download Mode by pressing and holding Home, Power and Volume Down button together
Note: Ensure that you have installed proper USB drivers installed on your PC.
Step-4: Launch Odin as Administrator on the computer. Click on Odin.exe and then right-click and choose Run as Administrator from the drop down menu
Step-5: Connect the S4 to the PC via USB cable while it is still in Download mode. After some time Odin will detect the device and when the phone is connected successfully, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn light blue with COM port number. This process might take some time.
Step-6: In Odin, select the firmware files extracted in step-1 in orderly manner.
Step-7: Enable or select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes in Odin. Also, ensure that Re-Partition checkbox is ticked.
Step-8: Verify everything above is done correctly and then hit the Start button in Odin
Step-9: The installation should now begin and it would take just a few minutes to complete. Once the process is completed, the phone will restart automatically. When the home screen appears on the phone, disconnect the USB cable from the phone safely.
Android 5.0.1 I9505XXUHOB7 stock firmware is now installed and you can enjoy the latest Lollipop features on your Galaxy S4 LTE.