Samsung released the Android Lollipop upgrade for the Galaxy Note 4 running Exynos 5433 octa-core processor starting with users in Poland in February.
Now, the manufacturer is working on the wider availability of the upgrade, adding a few more countries in the list such as UAE, Brazil, the Baltic region and some European countries including Poland, Romania and Hungary.
The OTA update for the stock build N910CXXU1BOC3 about the size of 1GB is rolling out in the aforementioned regions. To download the update, you need to have a stable Wi-Fi connection. Head over to the Check now button under Settings>> About phone>> Software updates menu.
You can also install the stock Android Lollipop manually using our step-by-step installation guide below.
- Model: SM-N910C
- Model name: Galaxy Note 4
- Country: Poland
- Version: Android 5.0.1 Lollipop
- Changelist: 4456638
- Build date: 13 March
- Product code: XEO
- PDA: N910CXXU1BOC3
- CSC: N910COXA1BOC3
- Ensure that you have installed proper USB drivers for Galaxy Note 4 on the computer.
- Create a backup of all important data of the phone using custom recovery, before following the installation guide.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> Developer Options>> check the USB Debugging option.]
- Ensure your Note 4 is having 80% battery. The device might shut down during the process due to lack of battery, which in turn could brick the device.
- You should be having an unlocked Note 4 SM-N910C model.
- The phone will lose custom ROM once the stock update is installed. Also, the custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- The phone will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of official firmware.
- The Lollipop stock firmware build N910CXXU1BOC3 works with Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910C model only. As flashing this on any incorrect variant might brick the device, verify the model number by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number and then install firmware based on the model number.
- IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any damage to the device.
N910CXXU1BOC3 [ Choose firmware according to your region]
How to install Android 5.0.1 Lollipop N910CXXU1BOC3 on Galaxy Note 4 (SM- N910C)
Step-1: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using any extracting tool
Step-2: Extract the Odin zip to get Odin3 v.3.09.exe with a few other files
Step-3: Power off the Note 4
Step-4: Enter into Download Mode by pressing and holding Home, Power and Volume Down button together
Note: Ensure that you have installed proper USB drivers installed on your PC.
Step-5: Launch Odin as Administrator on the computer. Click on the Odin tool then right-click and select Run as Administrator from the drop down menu
Step-6: Connect the Note 4 to the PC using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the phone is connected successfully, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn light blue with the COM port number. This step might take some time
Step-7: In Odin select the firmware files extracted in step-1 in an orderly manner
Step-8: Enable Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes in Odin. Ensure that the Re-Partition option is not ticked
Step-9: Double check everything and click the Start button in Odin
Step-10: The installation should start now. It would take a few minutes to complete the installation. Once the process is completed, the phone will restart automatically. When you see the home screen on the phone, unplug the USB cable from the phone safely
You should now be able to enjoy the latest N910CXXU1BOC3 stock build on your Note 4. Head over to Settings>> About phone to check the Android Lollipop firmware details.