A new Android 5.0 Lollipop build has leaked for Samsung's latest fifth-generation Galaxy smartphone.
The new build – LRX02E – marks a significant change over the previous version LRW58J, which leaked earlier last month. It also suggests that Samsung is working hard to bring the most recent features to the Galaxy S5.
The test build's details have been shared by Sammobile, which reports that Samsung is using an updated source code. But LRX02E is still missing the Lollipop branding, which means the company is not using Google's latest version of Android.
What is noteworthy is LRX02E changes the Android version from L to "5.0" and adds new Android Bird games as an Easter egg, but instead of Lollipop blockades this build uses black-and-yellow stripped rectangles.
Here are the changes and new features seen in LRX02E, most of which are for the user interface.
- New Note 4 fingerprint lock screen.
- New system-wide font – similar to the original one, but slightly thinner.
- New animations, much smoother than before and there is a screen off animation present as well.
- Google Search bar in Recents menu.
- Brightness slider in the notification centre has a new yellow colour. While changing the brightness, the notification centre disappears and allows the user to view the content beneath it.
- Removed Interruptions from Sound settings.
- Gallery: Media can be sorted using new filters including Pets, Events, Scenery, Documents, Food, Vehicles and Flowers.
- Music: Improved UI.
- Clock: Navigation bar icons are now accompanied by text.
- Calculator: Removed square grids which surrounded the numbers and symbols.
- Contacts: New search box.
- Stock Material Design inspired applications receive colored status bar.
- Android Lollipop theme's core green elements replaced with Samsung's blue colour.
- Settings: Improved UI, new icon colours.
- New UI for setting wallpaper from the home screen.
- Better spacing between options in power off dialog.