Users of the HTC One (M7) Dual SIM smartphones can now check for Google's Android 5.0 (Lollipop) OS update, in the form of an over-the-air (OTA) notification. The new software is reportedly active for HTC One (M7) smartphones in certain parts of the world.
According to GSMArena that quotes user inputs, the Android 5.0 update is active for HTC One (M7) dual-SIM smartphones in India and users in the country can check for the firmware upgrade in the form of a 675MB size file.
The latest roll-out can either be global or location-specific; hence users of HTC One (M7) around the world can check their devices for an OTA notification representing the Android 5.0. If you have received the firmware, do let us know about it in our comments section below.
The latest Android 5.0 firmware bears version number 7.17.720.6 and may be seeding in a phased manner.
In the US, T-Mobile started seeding the Android 5.0 OS update, to users of HTC One (M7) smartphones; which is not the dual-SIM variant.
Android 5.0 adds the following features to HTC One (M7) Dual SIM handsets:
- Material Design: A bold, colourful, and responsive UI design for consistent, intuitive experiences across devices.
- Notifications: View and respond to messages directly from your lock screen. Includes the ability to hide sensitive content for these notifications.
- Battery Saver feature: The new feature extends the device's battery life by up to 90 minutes.
- Enhanced security: Use Android Smart Lock to secure your phone or tablet by pairing it with a trusted device like your wearable or car.
- Device Sharing: Multiple users for phones.
- New Quick Settings: Enables users to get to the most frequently used settings with just two swipes down from the top of the screen.
- Connectivity: Improved network handoffs resulting in limited interruption in connectivity
- Android TV: Support for TV devices.
- OK Google: Talk to Google on the go to get quick answers, send a text, get directions and more.
Users can also manually search for the Lollipop update. To manually search for Android 5.0, users need to navigate to Settings > About Phone > System Updates > Check for updates and follow the simple onscreen steps.