Here's good news for Galaxy Note Edge owners. Samsung has begun the latest Lollipop update for the curved screen model of the Note 4, which received the update towards the end of August. Note Edge users in Russia are the lucky ones to get the update, that bumps the build version of the device to N915FXXU1COH2, first. But it should soon be available for other users across the globe, as well.
Version 5.1.1 is an incremental version, but it brings a host of fixes and improvements. You can manually check for updates to see if you have received a notification from Settings>> About device>> Software updates. Alternatively, connect your Note Edge to the PC and use Samsung Kies to update. If it is not showing up in Kies, you can consider using the firmware download link to install the update via the Odin flashing tool.
- Model: SM-N915F
- Model name: Galaxy Note Edge
- Country: Russia
- Version: Android 5.1.1
- Changelist: 5674927
- Build date: 25 August
- Product code: SER
- PDA: N915FXXU1COH2
- CSC: N915FOXE1COH2
- Install proper USB drivers for Note Edge on PC.
- Create a backup of all important data of the phone using custom recovery, before following the installation guide.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to connect it with the PC and use Android SDK with it.
- Ensure your Note Edge has 80% battery. The device might shut down during the process due to lack of battery, which in turn could brick the device.
- You should have an unlocked Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915F model.
- The phone will lose custom ROM once the stock update is installed. Also, the custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- The phone will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of the official firmware.
- The Lollipop stock firmware build works with Note Edge N915F model only. As flashing this on any incorrect variant might brick the device, verify the model number by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number and then install firmware based on the model number.
- IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any damage to the device.
How to install Android 5.1.1 N915FXXU1COH2 update on Galaxy Note 4
Step-1: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using any extracting tool
Step-2: Extract the Odin zip
Step-3: Switch off your Note Edge
Step-4: Enter into Download Mode by pressing and holding Home, Power and Volume Down buttons together
Note: Ensure that you have installed proper USB drivers installed on your PC
Step-5: Launch Odin as Administrator on the computer. Click on the Odin tool then right-click and select Run as Administrator from the drop-down menu
Step-6: Connect the Note Edge to the PC using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the phone is connected successfully, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn light blue with COM port number. This step might take some time
Step-7: In Odin, click AP/PDA button and select the firmware files extracted in step-1
Step-8: Enable Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes in Odin. But the Re-Partition checkbox should be unticked
Step-9: Double check everything and click the Start button in Odin
Step-10: The installation should start now. It would take a few minutes to complete the installation. Once the process is completed, the phone will restart automatically. When you see the home screen on the phone, unplug the USB cable from the phone safely
Your Note Edge should now be ready to use with Android 5.1.1 onboard.