A few days ago, UK Samsung Galaxy S3 (international version by model number I9300) users have received XXDLJ4 Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) official firmware. Now, a new custom firmware-called Softmax- based on XXDLJ4 Jelly Bean is also available.
This Softmax XXDLJ4 Android 4.1.1 brings an array of new features for the Galaxy S3:
1) Based on official firmware Android 4.1.1 XXDLJ4 (UK)
2) Stock look-theme free to avoid slowing down of device and keep stock look
3) Stock bootanimation and bootsound
4) UI sounds changed
5) Stock power off animation
7) Kies supported
8) Pre-rooted deodexed and zipalinged
9) Build prop tweaked
10) Extended Power menu
11) Smart rotation enabled
12) Pop up browser
13) Native call recording
14) Non increasing ring
15) Transparent weather
16) Modded NFC app to keep it turning even at lockscreen
17) CRT off effect
18) Stock GS3 gallery
19) Add Paper artist from N7100
20) Add torch light widget from N7000
21) Add Galaxy Note Camera app
22) Add Gmail 4.2
23) Add some Live Wallpaper
24) Add CPU Spy and some fonts
25) Add flash player
26) Add Google Ears
27) Add play Music
28) Add play Books
29) Kernel latest CF-root with CWM 5.5::CF-V1.5
The Galaxy S3 users looking to update their device with Softmax XXDLJ4 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean custom firmware may follow the tutorial below. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device while installation.
2) Backup all your important data since this tutorial is likely to wipe out everything.
3) Ensure that the battery of the device should be charged more than 80 per cent.
4) Your phone should be rooted and the ClockworkMod recovery should be installed.
5) The Softmax XXDLJ4 Android 4.1.1 custom firmware is compatible with only Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300, therefore do not try this firmware on any other version.
Steps to install Softmax XXDLJ4 Android 4.1.1 on Galaxy S3 I9300
1) Download Softmax Android 4.1.1 ROM for Galaxy S3 to your computer
2) Connect your Galaxy S3 to the computer using USB cable. Now copy the downloaded ROM zip file to the SD cards
3) Turn off your phone and unplug it from the computer
4) Now place the phone into Recovery Mode by switching on the phone while pressing Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together
5) In ClockworkMod recovery, perform a complete data wipe. Then scroll down to 'Flash zip from SD card,' now press the Power button to select it
6) Press the Power button once again and select 'Choose zip from SD card'
7) Navigate to the Android 4.1.1 ROM zip file using the Volume buttons. Select it using the Power button and confirm installation
8) Once the installation process is complete return to the main recovery menu and select 'Reboot system now.' The phone will take about five minutes to boot for the first time. So be patient
Congratulations! Your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 should be now running on Softmax XXDLJ4 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean custom firmware. You can verify the software version by heading to Settings>> About Phone.
[Source: Team Android]