The much expected Google Android 5.0 (Lollipop) is now reportedly live in South Korea, for users of LG's high-end G Pro 2 smartphone.
According to a PhoneArena report, that quotes a reliable South Korean blog, owners of LG G Pro 2 should observe Android Lollipop update bearing build number LRX21Y.
Users of LG G Pro 2 variants viz LG-F350S, LG-F350K and LG-F350L, should observe Android Lollipop OS update for their handsets, via the over-the-air (OTA) mechanism.
With the rollout of Android Lollipop, LG G Pro 2 gets upgraded from the existing Android KitKat (4.4.2).
Enhancements-wise, users of LG G Pro 2 should get to notice the much expected Material Design UI, along with new notifications and enhanced accessibility options.
At this point in time, it is worth noting that Android 5.0 began its rollout for users of Samsung Galaxy S5, starting with South Korean users before gradually expanding to Galaxy S5 users in other countries.
Therefore, it would be worthwhile for LG G Pro 2 users (outside of South Korea) to check for new software updates for their handsets.
The latest rollout also indicates an impending launch of Android Lollipop for LG G Pro 2 smartphone users in other prominent technology markets across the world such as the US, UK and India.
Key technical specifications of LG G Pro 2:
- 5.9in display, enclosed within Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS out of the box; upgradeable to Android 5.0 (Lollipop), with LG Optimus UI on top
- 2.26GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
- 13 MP rear camera
- 2.1 MP front snapper
- 3 GB RAM
- 16/32 GB RAM internal storage variants
- MicroSD card slot for expansion of internal storage up to 64GB
- 4G LTE, 3G, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 2.0 and microUSB connectivity
- 3200 mAh Li-Ion battery