Taiwan-based Asus has made the Android 5.0 (Lollipop) OS update official for users of the Zenfone 5 (A500KL) smartphones across the world, and has also stated that the update will begin a phased rollout beginning first week of May.
Zenfone 5 users can check their handsets for Google's recent update. Please let us know regarding the rollout status, in our comments section below.
Also, Asus has acknowledged a delay in rollout of Android Lollipop for various of its smartphones including the Zenfone 4 (A400CG/A450CG), Zenfone 5 (A500CG), Zenfone 6 (A600CG) and the PadFone S (PF500KL).
Lollipop for Asus' Zenfone series has been sent for final testing and is due for rollout.
New features of Android Lollipop, for Asus Zenfones:
- Material Design UI: Material design offers fluid animations, vivid coloured themes and 3D-Views.
- Improved Lockscreen: Shortcuts for both Phone and Camera are provided, along with Material Design-inspired notifications.
- Touchwiz: Brighter look and feel, bold colours, fluid animation inspired by Material Design.
- Floating Action Button: Floating action buttons provide easy access to the app's most important features, such as adding a new contact or favourite, or composing a text message.
- Interruptions: Priority notifications such as events and reminders, phone calls, and messages can be set up to sound or vibrate while all other notifications are muted.
- Recents: Easy access to your Chrome tabs right from the Recent apps page. Multi-window icons for ease of use during multi-tasking.
- Battery Saver: A battery saver feature that extends device use by up to 90 minutes.
- "OK Google" voice command: Talk to Google on the go to get quick answers, send a text, get directions and more.
- Connectivity: Improved network selection logic so that your device connects only if there is a verified internet connection on Wi-Fi.
- Security: SELinux enforcing for all applications means even better protection against vulnerabilities and malware. The Android Smart Lock secures your phone or tablet by pairing it with a trusted device like your wearable or even your car.