Users of older Sony Xperia Z3 smartphones, who have subscribed to T-Mobile's wireless network services in the US, now finally have lots to cheer about as Android 5.0 (Lollipop) is officially confirmed to hit the high-end smartphone shortly.
There is also every possibility that Android Lollipop has already begun rolling out to T-Mobile-driven Sony Xperia Z3 smartphones, as per an official tweet by T-Mobile's Product Manager Des Smith.
Check out Des' tweet below.
The above tweet also serves as an official announcement that the Android Lollipop OS update is rolling out for owners of T-Mobile Sony Xperia Z3.
Hence, Sony Xperia Z3 users in the US are advised to check out for the Android Lollipop firmware upgrade on their smartphones.
The latest rollout of Android Lollipop, comes after T-Mobile seeded Lollipop to Xperia Z1 users utilising its services in the US.
Prior to the above rollout, T-Mobile-driven Xperia Z3 users were stuck with the legacy Android 4.4.4 (KitKat) operating platform.
Android Lollipop enhancements
Android Lollipop, for T-Mobile-driven Sony Xperia Z3 users, brings along the following newer enhancements/features:
- Material Design: A colourful and responsive UI design for consistent, intuitive experiences across devices.
- Notifications: View and respond to messages directly from your lock screen. Includes the ability to hide sensitive content for these notifications.
- Battery Saver feature: The new feature extends the device's battery life by up to 90 minutes.
- Enhanced security: Android Smart Lock can secure your phone or tablet by pairing it with a trusted device like your wearable or your car.
- Device Sharing: Multiple users for phones.
- New Quick Settings: Enables users to get to the most frequently used settings with just two swipes at the top of the screen.
- Connectivity: Improved network handoffs resulting in limited interruption in connectivity.
- Android TV: Support for television.
- OK Google: Talk to Google on the go to get quick answers, send a text, and get directions and more.
How to manually check for Lollipop?
Apart from automatic OTA notifications, the Android Lollipop OS update can also be manually searched for, downloaded/installed as follows:
- Navigate to Settings > About Phone > Software Update, to check for newer software/firmware updates.