HTC One M8 smartphones will receive Google's newest Android M OS update via OTA as soon as the firmware begins rollout.
Confirming Android M for One M8, Mo Versi, HTC's vice-president of product management, said in a tweet the new OS will be seeded to users of the high-end smartphone.
However, Versi did not reveal a timeline.
HTC had earlier announced a 90-day time frame for rolling out Google Android Lollipop to users of its older smartphones, but the Taiwan-based company failed to seed the OS update within the stipulated time.
Currently, a developer preview variant of Android M is going out to multiple Nexus smartphones and Xperia handsets across the world.
HTC One M8 handsets now run the older Android 5.0 (Lollipop) after being updated from the earlier Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) operating platform.
Key technical specifications of HTC One (M8)
- 5in display, protected by Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) operating system out of the box, upgraded to Android 5.0 (Lollipop); eligible to receive Android M
- 2.3 GHZ and 2.5 GHz CPUs within Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 SoC
- 5 MP front camera
- 2 GB RAM
- 16/32 GB internal storage variants
- LTE, HSPA, GMS, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 2.0 and microUSB connectivity
- 2,600 mAh fixed Lithium-Polymer battery