The Galaxy Tab 7.7 shipped with Android 3.2 (Honeycomb) and was upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) in July. Now, the international version (P6800) has received the XXLQ9 ICS firmware, also based on Android 4.0.4. The firmware was originally for users in Turkey but is compatible with several European countries, including the UK. Users need only change default language (Settings > Locale and Text).
Galaxy Tab 7.7 users looking to update to Android 4.0.4 XXLQ9, may follow this tutorial. IBTimes UK reminds its readers it will not be held responsible for damage to the device during installation. Also note this tutorial is only for the Galaxy Tab 7.7 (P6800).
- Download and install Samsung Kies and enable USB debugging mode on device
- Ensure battery is charged above the 80 percent mark
- Back-up all important data, including APN settings
To Install Android 4.0.4 XXLQ9 on Galaxy Tab 7.7 (P6800)
- Download Android 4.0.4 P6800XXLQ9 to computer and extract zip file
- Download Odin3 v1.85 and extract zip file
- Disconnect device from computer (if connected), switch it off and re-start in Download Mode (to do so, press Volume Down and Power buttons until Samsung logo appears. Wait a few seconds and at the screen with options to boot into Recovery or Download, use Volume keys to select the latter and Power to confirm the action)
- Connect device to computer at this point and run Odin
- Select these files in the order mentioned (from P6800XXLQ9 folder in Odin)
- Click PDA and select CODE
- Click Phone and select MODEM
- Click CSC and select CSC
- Click PIT and select .pit file
- Note: Ignore last three steps if such files are not found
- Click Start in Odin to begin installation
- After installation, PASS (text against green background) will appear in a text box at the top of Odin and the tablet will automatically reboot. Unplug from computer when Home screen appears
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (P6800) is now updated to official Android 4.0.4 XXLQ9 ICS firmware. This can be confirmed by navigating to Settings > About Tablet.