Developers from the XDA forum claim to have scripted an Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) software update with the Domination ROM based on the CyanogenMod 10 (CM10) for the HTC One X. The CM10 fails to include a number of customisations but the Domination ROM compensates, bringing changes like NEON optimised code sets, better libraries and a few more.
The log of features not yet working for this port includes Wi-Fi services and MHL output and a bug that causes User Interface (UI) to crash when owners change the theme.
One X owners looking to experience Android 4.1 with the Domination ROM may follow the steps give below. IBTimes UK warns users the procedure is meant only for the HTC One X. In addition, we recommend a back-up of all important data and APN Settings before commencing with installation
- Unlock bootloader (instructions here) and install ClockWordMod Recovery (CWM).
- Download and install HTC Sync for computer
- Download Domination ROM and Google Apps package and copy files to SD card of One X
- Download Flash_Boot.zip and extract to computer
- Open downloaded ROM and extract boot.img. Copy to Flash_Boot.zip
- Turn One X off, enter bootloader mode and then select Fastboot and connect phone to laptop
- Navigate to Flash_Boot.zip and double click on flash-boot-windows.bat file to flash kernel
- Once installation is over, click Power button to select Bootloader/Hboot and return to Recovery Option and boot in to CWM Recovery
- Select Wipe Data > Factory Reset and confirm wipe
- Navigate to SD card, select ROM file and confirm installation
- Next, select gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip to install Google apps package
- Reboot system to enter Domination ROM