Google Nexus 7 users have received a flurry of custom ROM Jelly Bean updates in recent weeks. The Glazed JellyBean 2.1 ROM brings a plethora of exciting features, alongside speed and stability, to give you a butter smooth Android experience.
With due credit to XDA Developers member, Hyperrunner, the ROM brings a super fast browsing experience by removing bloatware, and adding scripts to deliver a seamless Android experience. The Glazed JellyBean ROM is based on CyanogenMod 10 (CM10) that ports additional features missing in a stock ROM. Other key features of this ROM are listed below:
- Based on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- Beats Audio
- Sony Bravia Engine
- mods for improved battery life
- ad blocking enabled
- full GApps integration
- full Flash enabled
- theme manager
- The Glazed JellyBean 2.1 ROM and the instructions given in this guide are only applicable to the Nexus 7 tablet and will not work on any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Make sure that your Nexus device is rooted and ClockworkMod Recovery is installed on it. Check out our step-by-step guide posted here to root your tablet and install ClockworkMod Recovery on it.
- Download Glazed JellyBean 2.1 ROM from one of the links below:
- Users are advised to back up apps, important personal data and settings to avoid data loss while installing the Glazed JellyBean 2.1 ROM on your Nexus 7.
- Verify that your Nexus tablet is at least 85 percent charged to prevent the device from shutting down abruptly (due to battery drain) during the ROM installation process.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using the Android 4.1.1 firmware update. Users are cautioned to proceed at their own risk.
How to Install Android 4.1.1 Glazed JellyBean 2.1 ROM on Nexus 7
1. Copy the Glazed JellyBean ROM to the root folder on your tablet's internal SD card.
2. Power off the tablet and reboot it into ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM).
3. Connect the tablet to the computer via an USB cable. Press and hold down Volume Up, Volume Down, and power buttons until the screen shows an Android robot lying on its back. Now, using Volume Down to navigate, highlight Recovery mode and select it by tapping the Power button. After some time, the Android icon with a red triangle appears. Hit Power button and then press Volume Up to boot into Recovery Mode.
4. Do a NANDroid backup of you existing ROM. Select Backup and Restore and hit backup on the next screen.
5. Choose wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on next screen.
NOTE: You can skip this step if you are overwriting a previous version of this ROM.
6. Click wipe cache partition and confirm the action on next screen.
7. Return to the main menu and click Advanced. Now, tap Wipe Dalvik cache and confirm the action on next screen.
8. Choose Install ZIP from SD card.
9. Click Choose ZIP from SD card and locate the Glazed JellyBean ROM ZIP file. Double-tap on the ROM file to begin installation. Confirm the action on next screen to flash the ROM to your tablet.
10. Return to the main menu and hit reboot system now to reboot your tablet.
Android 4.1.1 Glazed JellyBean 2.1 ROM is now successfully installed on your Nexus 7. Go to Settings > About phone to verify the firmware version installed.
[Source: Android Authority]