We have noticed you are using an ad blocker
To continue providing news and award winning journalism, we rely on advertising revenue.
To continue reading, please turn off your ad blocker or whitelist us.
Samsung recently confirmed the Galaxy Note (presently running Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)) is scheduled to receive an Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) update in Q4. Confirmation the South Koreans are working on the update comes after official firmware - Android 4.1.1 N7000XXLS2 - was leaked. This leaked version is an unbranded file and meant for all users except those from China, Taiwan and Hong Kong.
- Base Firmware: N7000XXLS2 (Android 4.1.1)
- Region: Europe
- Country: United Kingdom
- Carrier: Unbranded
- Build Date: 4 November
- Modem: OXXLS2
Galaxy Note users looking to update to Android 4.1.1 XXLS2 (Jelly Bean) may follow this tutorial. IBTimes UK reminds its readers it will not be held responsible for damage to the device while installation. As of now this firmware is available for installation only via Odin.
- Download appropriate USB drivers for the Note and enable USB debugging mode
- Back-up all important data, including APN settings
- Ensure at least 80 percent charge in the battery
- Ensure device is factory unlocked
To Install Android 4.1.1 XXLS2 on Galaxy Note
- Download Android 4.1.1 N7000XXLS2 for Galaxy Note and extract zip file
- Download Odin v1.85
- Connect device to computer using a USB cable and copy downloaded files to the SD card on the Note
- Disconnect device and switch it off
- Re-start device in Download Mode (to do so, start by pressing Volume Down, Home and Power buttons until Samsung logo or construction Android robot and triangle appears) and connect device to computer at this time; one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow (with COM port number) to indicate successful connection
- Select these files in the order mentioned
- Click on PDA and select CODE
- Click on Phone and select MODEM
- Click on CSC and select CSC
- Click on PIT and select .pit
- Note: Ignore last three steps if such files are not found
- Click Start in Odin to begin installation. This may take a few minutes
- After installation, device will restart. Unplug only after Home screen appears
The Samsung Galaxy Note (N7000) has been updated to Android 4.1.1 XXLS2 (Jelly Bean). This can be verified by navigating to Settings > About Phone. Head over to this thread to see how to root Galaxy Note running on Android 4.1.1 XXLS2.