One of the key features of the Milestone 1 Jelly Bean custom ROM which is based on the Android 4.1.2 is that it brings adjustable NavBar width for tablets. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P3100) users will also be able enjoy this new feature along with a few more, since the Milestone 1 ROM is now available for the device due to the efforts of the Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) team.
The Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 was first shipped with Android Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) software and it has been listed among some more Galaxy devices to receive the Jelly Bean update. However, the company has not provided any particular release date for the Jelly Bean rollout for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.
Galaxy tablet users, who are looking for the Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean update, may follow the tutorial. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device during installation.
2) The aforementioned custom firmware is not an official version therefore you should have a rooted device.
3) Create a backup of all your important data before proceeding.
4) Ensure that the battery of the tablet carries charge above 80 per cent.
5) The AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean ROM is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 not with any other variant. Therefore, verify the model number of your device.
Steps to install Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100
2) Download Google Apps package
3) Plug in your tablet to the computer using the USB cable and transfer both the downloaded zip files to the SD card of your device
4) Unplug the tablet from the computer and switch it off
5) Place the device in recovery mode by turning it on while pressing Volume Down button
6) In CWM recovery, perform a full data wipe. Then scroll down to 'Flash zip from SD card,' select it using the power button
7) Select 'Choose zip from SD card.' Now using the volume keys navigate to the Jelly Bean ROM zip file. Select the zip file using the power button and confirm installation on the next screen
8) After the ROM is installed, repeat the similar procedure to install the Google Apps package
9) Once the installation process is over, return to the main recovery menu and select 'Reboot system now.' The device will take a few minutes to boot
The Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean custom firmware is now installed on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100. You can verify the software version by browsing to Settings>> About Tablet.