A custom build - Android 4.1.2 JZO54K Paranoid Jelly Bean ROM - has been released for the international version of the HTC One X. This follows a similar release for the Samsung Galaxy Note (N7000). This ROM is based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) release of Android 4.1.2.
The Paranoid Android ROM is said to be the first and only Android ROM to feature the hybrid mode. A few other key features include additions of and to the lock-screen, the navigation bar, dialogue, pop-ups, the keyboard, widgets and several regular apps. These apps are even capable of switching to different designs and layouts based on the device running the programme.
HTC One X users looking to update the device with the Android 4.1.2 JZO54K ROM may follow this tutorial. However IBTimes UK reminds readers it will not be held responsible for damage to the device during installation. We also remind readers this guide works only with the international version of the HTC One X.
- Download appropriate USB drivers and enable USB debugging mode.
- Ensure at least 80 percent battery charge (click here to check)
- Ensure all important data is backed-up
- Ensure device is factory unlocked
- Ensure Bootloader is unlocked and ClockWorkMod Recovery is installed
To Install Android 4.1.2 JZO54K Paranoid on HTC One X
- Download Android 4.1.2 JZO54K Paranoid ROM to computer and extract boot.img from zip file
- Download Google Apps package
- Connect device to computer and copy downloaded files to SD card
- Copy boot.img file to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory
- Switch device off and enter Bootloader / Fastboot mode (to do so, press Volume Down and Power buttons when re-starting device)
- In Fastboot mode, browse to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory (on computer) and open Command Prompt (to do so, Shift + Right Click > Open Command Prompt)
- Type flashboot flash boot.img and press Enter
- Type fastboot reboot and once again press Enter
- Follow onscreen instructions. Select Bootloader and then go to Recovery
- Perform a complete data wipe in CWM Recovery Mode
- Scroll to Flash zip from SD card and press Power to select and then select Choose zip from SD card using Power button
- Navigate to Paranoid Jelly Bean ROM zip file. Press Power to select ROM and then confirm installation
- After installation, go to +++++Go Back and select Reboot System Now from main Recovery menu; the first reboot should take about five minutes
The HTC One X is now running Android 4.1.2 JZO54K Paranoid ROM. This can be verified by following this path - Settings > About Phone.
[Source: Team Android]