XDA developer codeworkx has released a CyanogenMod 10.1 ROM featuring the Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) update for the Wi-Fi and 3G variants of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5110 and P5100).
Galaxy Tab 2 users who wish to manually update devices to the latest build of CM 10.1 may follow this tutorial. IBTimes UK reminds its readers it will not be responsible for any damage to the device during this process. Users are also cautioned this guide is only for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5100/P5110). However, the developer also notes the P5113 variant of the tablet can be updated to Android 4.2.1 using the same custom firmware for the P5110 model.
- Ensure back-up of all important data before proceeding
- Ensure tablet is factory unlocked
- Ensure tablet is rooted and ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery is installed before proceeding
- Ensure battery is properly charged
To Install Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 ROM on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5100/P5110)
- Download Google apps package
- Connect device to computer using USB cable and copy downloaded files to internal storage
- Disconnect device and switch it off
- Now boot into CWM Recovery (to do so, press Power and Volume Down buttons. Once Samsung logo appears, release Power but hold Volume Down for a few seconds and the tablet will boot into CWM Recovery)
- In Recovery mode, perform Nandroid backup of present ROM by selecting Backup and Restore > Backup and return to Recovery menu after process is complete
- Now select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes. Return to Recovery menu after process is complete
- Using Volume buttons scroll to Install Zip from SD Card and select using Power
- Press Power again, select Choose Zip from SD Card and browse to Jelly Bean ROM
- Select ROM using Power and confirm installation on next screen
- After ROM is installed, repeat to install Google apps package
- After installation, return to main Recovery menu and select Reboot System Now (first reboot may take up to five minutes)
- Note: To return to pervious ROM, boot into Recovery, select Backup and Restore and restore desired ROM by selecting from list
The Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 custom firmware is now installed and running on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5100/ P5110). To verify software version on device, navigate to Settings > About Tablet.
[Source: XDA Developers]