The Apple Watch is being sold in three variants: Sport, Apple Watch and Edition and in two different sizes: 38mm and 42mm with various coloured bands.
The pre-order prices of each of these models are as follows:
- The Sport variant with aluminium body - starting price $349
- The Apple Watch with stainless steel construction starts at $549
- The 18K Gold Edition starts at $10,000
Meanwhile, folks at iDownloadBlog have confirmed through some of their readers that the 42mm Space Gray Sport is now out of stock with its estimated shipping date set for June.
In related news, MacRumors reports that the pre-order shipping estimates for several Apple Watch models have slipped to 4-6 weeks or later in less than six hours from the time Apple started taking pre-orders for Apple Watch through its online store and the Apple Store iOS shopping app.
Given the unrivalled demand for Apple Watches, some premium models such as the 42mm Black Link Bracelet have been overbooked and the estimated shipping date has been pushed back to July.
According to the latest update from the US Apple Store, the revised pre-order shipping estimates for various models are as follows:
- Apple Watch Sport White 38mm: June
- Apple Watch Sport White 42mm: June
- Apple Watch Sport Blue 38mm: June
- Apple Watch Sport Blue 42mm: June
- Apple Watch Sport Green 38mm: June
- Apple Watch Sport Green 42mm: June
- Apple Watch Sport Pink 38mm: June
- Apple Watch Sport Pink 42mm: June
- Apple Watch Sport Space Gray 38mm: June
- Apple Watch Sport Space Gray 42mm: June
- Apple Watch with Sport Band: 4-6 weeks
- Apple Watch with Classic Buckle 38mm: Delivers 4/24 to 5/8
- Apple Watch with Classic Buckle 42mm: 4-6 weeks
- Apple Watch with Milanese Loop: 4-6 weeks
- Apple Watch with Leather Loop: 4-6 weeks
- Apple Watch with Modern Buckle (Brown): 4-6 weeks
- Apple Watch with Modern Buckle (Black): 4-6 weeks
- Apple Watch with Modern Buckle (Soft Pink): June
- Apple Watch with Modern Buckle (Blue): June
- Apple Watch with Link Bracelet Stainless Steel: 4-6 weeks
- Apple Watch with Link Bracelet Space Gray 38mm: June
- Apple Watch with Link Bracelet Space Gray 42mm: July
- Apple Watch Edition Rose Gold: July
- Apple Watch Edition Yellow Gold: June
The unprecedented demand for Apple Watch does not come as a big surprise since Apple had earlier stated in a press statement that "strong customer demand will exceed" the company's available supplies at launch.
The Apple Watch is now available for pre-orders in Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Prospective buyers of Apple Watch can now insure their device with AppleCare+ extended warranty that will extend the standard one-year warranty up to three years from the date of purchase.
Here are the basic coverage plans based on the category of Apple Watch you wish to own:
Apple Watch Sport – AppleCare+ offers an additional year of warranty besides the standard one-year warranty along with 90 days of complimentary support.
Apple Watch Stainless Steel – AppleCare+ offers one year extended warranty and a total of two years from the date of purchase.
Apple Watch Edition – AppleCare+ covers warranty up to three years from the original purchase date.
Note: All extended coverage plans insure up to two incidents of accidental damage from handling that includes battery, magnetic charging cable and power adapter. Not to mention that there will be a nominal service fee on top of the basic plan cost.
Here is the service fee breakup for each of the Apple Watch models:
- Apple Watch Sport - $69
- Apple Watch Stainless Steel - $79
- Apple Watch Edition – it costs a whopping $1000
Apple has also introduced a few combo service plans for Apple Watch and iPhone as follows:
- Apple Watch Sport and iPhone - $149
- Apple Watch Stainless Steel and iPhone - $169
- Apple Watch Edition and iPhone - $1600
For further details on service plans and terms and conditions check out the official website for Apple Store.