Argos is predicting more than five million visits to its website from customers looking for the best deals online for Cyber Monday – around 1.5m more than last year.
Cyber Monday falls just a couple of days after Black Friday, which itself saw such high traffic to Argos's website that visitors were unable to access it for large periods of Friday morning.
Some of the most popular deals were on Apple iPad Air tablets, iPhone smartphones, Toshiba laptops, Canon digital cameras and Xbox One and PS4 consoles (see full list at bottom of page) – many of which have carried over to Cyber Monday.
On Cyber Monday last year, Argos saw over 3.6m visits to its website, though the rise in mobile internet has led to predictions that its site will receive around 3,000 visits per minute.
"Customer shopping habits are changing fast and more and more are wanting the convenience of shopping on-the-go or in front of the TV in the evening," said David Robinson, chief operation officer at Argos.
"Making mobile shopping easy has been our priority this year, and we've just launched our first ever Argos Collect Store at Cannon Street Underground Station for busy commuters to collect their orders on-the-go. We've also brought gift inspiration into the 21st century with some great new Christmas apps for smartphones and tablets."
With 125m visits to the websites of major UK retailers expected on Monday, market analysts have warned that the likes of Tesco, Currys PC World and Argos are not fully equipped for such large amounts of traffic.
"Black Friday in the UK is a gimmick which has caused over half of major UK retailers' websites to crash or have issues today," said Darryl Adie, managing director of Ampersand. "This is indicative that even the largest retailers have not fully equipped themselves with IT contingency plans, which will have a knock-on effect on customer services.
"To cope with the pressures of bigger peaks in trading across all channels, such as on Black Friday, retailers need to optimise across all multichannel operations including IT, logistics and customer services."
A full list of Argos deals on Cyber Monday, together with the relevant voucher codes:
4 day Deals – 28th November – 1st December 2014
- PS4 and Little Big Planet 3 and Minecraft - Now £299.99
- Xbox One with Kinect Camera and Assassins Creed Unity/Black Flag and Dance Central - Now £369.99
- iPad mini Wi-Fi 16GB White - £179 plus £20 gift voucher (was £199.99)
- iPad mini Wi-Fi 16GB Black - £179 plus £20 gift voucher (was £199.99)
- Dyson DC35 Animal Cordless Handheld Vacuum - £169.99 plus £10 gift voucher (was £269.99)
- PS Vita and Lego Mega Bundle - Now £129.99
- Vax S7-A Steam Mop - £29.99 (was £149.99)
- Toshiba C50-B-131 Pentium 15.6" 4GB 1TB Laptop - £279.99 plus £20 gift voucher (was £329.99)
- Sony 40" Full HD Freeview HD LED TV - £299.99 plus £10 gift voucher (was £499.99)
- Canon PowerShot 12MP Black Bridge Camera - £119.99 plus £10 gift voucher (was £279.99)
- LeapFrog LeapPad Ultra XDI Pink - £74.99 plus £5 gift voucher (was £119.99)
- LeapFrog LeapPad Ultra XDI Green - £74.99 plus £5 gift voucher (was £119.99)
- Nescafe Dolce Gusto Oblo Coffee Machine - Black - Now £39.99
- 20% off when you spend over £50 on jewellery - Enter code JEWELS20
- 15% of all Homewares - Enter code HOME15
- 25% off all Furniture over £150 - Enter code FURN25 on the payment page