29 Trading Rules- Short But SweetBy Singapore Trader | 12 March 2010, 14:08 BST
29 Trading Rules and 6 Guidelines
When you start out trading it is important that you set up some rules and guidelines for how you are going to trade. As without rules and guidelines you are trading without a goal in mind. Over 90% of traders will end up going broke and not making money from the market, and the one of the key reasons is because they have no rules. Here are some Rules to Get you started.
1. You should never over-trade- Don't trade for trades sake
2. Make sure that you never risk more than 10% of your trading capital in a single trade, protecting your capital is very important. There will be more trade opportunities
3. Ensure that you never trade without protective stops and use trailing stops
4. Don't cancel a stop-loss after placing the trade- otherwise get out
5. Never average down on a losing trade
6. When you get into a profit never let it run into a loss.
7. Never buy or sell just because the price is low or high, as what is high and low
8. Never try to guess tops or bottoms- otherwise go to the casino and pick black or red
9. You should never limit a profiting trade, instead move your stops to guarantee a profit- ideal trading is as soon as you get into a good profit at aleast ensure a break even
10. You should never close a position toget out of the market because you have lost patience or get in because you are anxious from waiting.
11. Please never hedge a losing position.
12. Never change your position or close a trade without a good reason.
13. Never follow a blind man’s advice, everyone has trading sure things. Use systematically approach
14. Make sure that you never enter a trade if you are unsure of the trend. Never buck a trend. Remember the rule TREND IS YOUR FRIEND
15. Try to avoid scalping for small profits and taking large losses if you scalp you need tight stops
16. Avoid trading after long periods of failure- take a break, reasses and reset your rules
17. If you have a great run don't keep increasing your trade size
18. Avoid getting in wrong or getting in right and out wrong, making a double mistake.
19. Always identify strong support/resistance levels.
20. Always lock in a profit at predetermined increments on profiting trades.
21. EVERY trade must have stop losses
22. Always distribute your risk equally among different markets.
23. Don't be a one trick pony, make money from both sides of the market
24. Always reduce trading after the first loss; never increase.
25. Always cut your losses short and let your profits run.
26. When in doubt, get out. Do not get in when in doubt.
27. Only trade active markets- illiquid markets will leave you thirsty
28. Only pyramid trades that have a strong trend and should be accomplished once the price has crossed support/resistance.
29. Profits from a successful trade should be kept for future trade margins or put somewhere else, spread the risk.
Some Further Guide lines
Who are you? Are you a risk taker? Can you afford to lose money? First thing to do is to understand yourself the type of trader that you are, whether aggressive or conservative, long-term or short. If you are short term and trade goes bad, cut it, don't become a long term trader, otherwise you buying and hoping, not even buying and holding.
Have a trading strategy before entering the market. Know before the trade is executed where you will take profits/loss.
Understand why a win/loss occurred and how you could of made the trade better.
Consistency is the key to trading success, without it you have nothing.
Your judgment is the only concern, do not let outside factors affect the way you trade.
Not everyone can be a trader, deem yourself worthy if given this opportunity.
Most importantly have fun and stick to your rules.
CFD FX Report is a real time tool for clients with an interest in the trading of stocks, indices and commodities globally.CFDs (Contracts For Differences) are one of the worlds' fastest growing trading instruments that allows clients to profit from a rising and falling market. The CFD FX Report is a company comprising of expert traders that analyse the market daily and are able to make recommendations for the following day trades based on this analysis. The CFD FX Report is released everyday at 6.30 p.m. (Singapore time) for review by the clients for the next trading day.
We provide sms