Chelsea are on the verge of another big-money attacking signing this summer with the news that Brazilian Oscar underwent a medical with the club on Tuesday.
The Guardian reports that the 20-year-old arrived in London with the Brazil Olympic squad and traveled straight to New Malden in the South West of England's capital where he underwent what is expected to be the final hurdle in his £25 million move from Internacional.
After earlier having a £20 million bid rejected, the Blues were always expected to be successful should they increase their offer. Oscar has been hailed as "the new Kaka" in his homeland and has now established himself in the Brazil team following his ascent to fame by scoring a hat-trick in last year's Fifa Under-20 World Cup final.
The imminent signing of Oscar makes reports that Chelsea have made a bid for fellow-Brazilian attacking midfielder Willian seem all the more peculiar. Having already signed Eden Hazard and Marko Marin this summer-both of who can play on the left, but have spent much of their time in the No.10 role-and with Juan Mata also at the club, it would appear that the Blues are taking something of a scatter-gun approach to their summer recruitment.
Willian, a technically-gifted creator, is similar in nature to that quartet. Although capable of playing on the left, unlike Andre Schurrle who Chelsea have also bid for this summer, the 23-year-old is very much right-footed. Shakhtar Donetsk manager Mircea Lucescu has said that his club have rejected the Blues' £26 million offer, but suggested that a deal could be done if the Blues return with a better package.
"I told Willian he can leave, but only if the right offer is made," Lucescu said, according to Sky Sports.
"They paid a lot of money for Hazard but are not willing to pay for Willian, even though he's better in my opinion.
"Chelsea want to buy Brazilian but made an offer for the eastern European market. They offered €34million but we don't think that's his current value."
Seemingly well stocked in the middle and left side of a three in a 4-2-3-1 system, Chelsea appear to be looking at players to add genuine pace down the right. The Daily Mirror reports that the Blues have had their latest bid of £5 million for Wigan's Victor Moses rejected.
As with any news concerning the Latics, chairman Dave Whelan has ensured that every detail of Chelsea's chase for the Nigeria international has been firmly in the public domain.
"If the lad had any brains he'd stay under Roberto for another year or so," Whelan said of Moses. "Chelsea have made three bids and we've not accepted any.
"They've all come in the last three weeks, but they've not offered enough. We're still hoping that he signs an extended deal.
"I don't know if they'll bid again, but if they do we always listen. And if it is what Roberto believes he is worth then we will take it from there."
Despite Moses having just a year remaining on his contract, Wigan are thought to want close to £10 million for the man who played a key role in the club escaping relegation again last season.
Chelsea had long been linked with Hulk to fill the void on the right of their attack. However, with Porto thought to be holding out for a massive £38 million for the Brazilian, negotiations appear to have stalled. The Daily Mail is now reporting that Tottenham are entering the race to sign the 25-year-old.
Spurs, of course, are now managed by former Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas who managed Hulk for a highly successful season at Porto.