Android 4.1 Jelly Bean based ROM, named RemICS-JB, has been released for Samsung Galaxy S. Despite being an old smartphone, popular developers have turned their attention towards the device. Recently, developers had released a Jelly Bean based on CyanogenMod 10 for the Galaxy S. The new Rom appears to feature user interface, sounds and wallpaper just like the Galaxy S3. It sports new CWM script, Boot animation and updated theme. The ROM measures around 50MB.
How to Install RemICS-JB ROM Based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S i9000 [Guide]. Image Credit: The Android Soul
Samsung fans might have tried Android Eclair, Gingerbread, Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich. Now, users can grab the RemICS-JB ROM to get a taste of Jelly Bean on their Galaxy S. There is no word from Samsung as to when it will offer Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy S i9000. In June, the Korean giant said it would announce which additional devices would be getting the Jelly Bean update.
Take a look at the steps below on how to install RemICS-JB on Galaxy S i9000, courtesy The Android Soul.
Please note that using the below method involves risk of data damage. IBTimes UK advises users to proceed at their own risk and will not be held reposnsible for any consequences.
- FOLLOW IBTIMES
Pre-requisites: Please keep in mind that the guide is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy S i9000 and not with any other device. You can manually check for your device's model by heading into Settings > About phone. If your device is already running on Ice Cream Sandwich ROM you need not perform steps 2 and 3 and can directly jump to step 4 after step 1.
Users are recommended to make a back-up of all data and APN settings as the method will wipe away all the data, apps and settings:
- Remove SIM card lock and clear the check box by heading into Settings > Location and Security > Sim card lock.
- Flash the stock XXJW4 firmware
- Root XXJW4 to get the Clockworkmod recovery (CWM)
- Download ROM from official thread on xda-developers
- Now, without extracting the downloaded file copy it to the device's SD card.
- Switch off your Galaxy S and wait until the device will shut down completely
- By pressing and holding the Volume Up + Home buttons while turning on the device, boot the device into CWM recovery. As soon as the screen turns on, release the buttons. The device will now boot into CWM recovery. To choose the options Volume keys can be used to scroll up and down
- Choose wipe data/factory reset option and select "Yes" to confirm
- After wiping process is completed, choose the install zip option from device's SDcard. Then select choose zip from SDcard. Scroll to ROM file that is placed on SDcard and select it
- Choose "Yes" to confirm the installation. Now, ROM begins installing.
- After the installation of the ROM, go back to the main recovery menu and choose reboot system now to reboot the device and boot into RemICS-JB ROM.
RemICS-JB ROM, based on Jelly Bean is now installed on your Samsung Galaxy S i9000.
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader