The Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, successor to Ice Cream Sandwich, is being ported through a plethora of smartphones and tablets in a short span of time. It has just been a month since Google announced the latest version of its operating system at the Google I/O developer conference 2012 and developers are porting the Jelly Bean to existing devices. The Jelly Bean comes with major improvements and features. It features Android notifications framework, lets the apps to display rich notifications that can be expanded or collapsed at ease by just pinching or swiping.
Update T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean with CM10 [How to Install]. Image Credit-T-Mobile
TeamChopsticks has released the CM10 Jelly Bean ROM for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2. Since the CM10 is in its early stage it might contain bugs. You can check for detailed instructions here.
Check out the steps below to install CM10 ROM on T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 T989, courtesy The Android Soul.
Please note that using the procedure involves risk of data damage. IBTimes UK advises users to proceed at their own risk and reiterate we will not be held responsible for any consequences.
Pre-requisites: Please remember that the below procedure is compatible only with T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 with the model number SGH-T989. Check your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About phone.
Users are advised to make a back-up of all the data and APN settings since the method will wipe away the data, APN settings as well.
- Install the ClockworkMod (CWM) Touch recovery
- Download the ROM from the official thread at TeamChopsticks.
- Download Google Apps package
- Download recommended modem that has to be flashed to make the ROM work
- Now, copy all three downloaded files to the internal SDcard
- Switch off your device and then boot into recovery. To do so, press and hold Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons until the device boots into CWM recovery.
- Make a Nandroid back-up of your existing ROM. In order to make the back-up go back to Backup and Restore > Select Backup on the next screen. Go back to the main recovery menu after the back-up.
- Chose install zip from SDcard an then select choose zip from SDcard. Now, scroll to Tmo_SGH-T89_UVLE1_radio.zip file and select it to install the recommended modem and confirm the installation by selecting "Yes"
- Go back to main recovery menu by choosing go back
- Select Wipe Data/ Factory Reset and choose "Yes" to confirm.
- Select Install Zip option from SDcard. Now, select choose Zip from SDcard and select ROM file. Choose "Yes" to confirm installation. The ROM will begin installing.
- After installing ROM, select choose zip from SDcard once again and choose gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip file in order to install Google Apps package.
- After the installation, select mounts and storage, then choose format/cache in order to format the cache partition. After completing the format, choose go back and then select reboot system now in order to reboot the device and boot into CM10
You have installed CM10 based on Jelly Bean on your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2.
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader