Samsung’s single-core flagship phone - Galaxy S i9000 - gets yet another Jelly Bean port through JRO03H stock official ROM for Galaxy Nexus, thanks to XDA Developers member – iall5star.
Samsung's single-core flagship phone Galaxy S i9000 has received yet another Jelly Bean port through JRO03H stock official ROM for Galaxy Nexus, thanks to XDA Developers member iall5star. The new ROM also enables cool features like enhanced performance, smoother interface, voice recognition, search functionality and more.
Despite being a beta 8 release, the ROM is said to be quite stable for daily use, according to the developer. Nevertheless, there could still be a few minor bugs or issues, as the ROM is still under development.
Key Points to Note
- The ROM and the instructions provided in the guide are compatible with the Samsung Galaxy S i9000 model only and will not work with any other device. Trying to upgrade this ROM on incompatible devices may cause irreparable damage or produce undesired results.
- The information provided in this guide is meant for reference purpose only and does not cover any warranty claims on device damage or provide support for issues arising out of using this ROM. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- FOLLOW IBTIMES
1. IBTimes UK advises users to backup their important personal data (bookmarks, contacts, SMS, MMS, Wi-Fi passwords, APNs and other internet settings) to avoid data loss while installing this ROM update.
2. A Rooted Samsung Galaxy S i9000 running either stock XXJVU firmware or an ICS-based custom ROM installed. In addition, ClockworkMod Recovery must be installed.
3. Download one of the following Beta 8 builds of JRO03H based Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM for Galaxy S i9000
4. Make sure that your phone has at least 60 percent battery charge, before you continue with the ROM installation steps. This will ensure that your phone does not power off mid-way through the installation process.
How to Install JRO03H Based Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Update on Galaxy S i9000
Step 1: Backup your phone's EFS folder/directory.
Step 2: Without extracting the zip file, copy the ROM file to your phone's internal SD card.
Step 3: Now, power off your phone.
Step 4: Boot your phone to ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, press and hold down the Power, Volume Up, and Home buttons until the phone boots into recovery mode.
NOTE: Once in recovery, use the Volume buttons to navigate up/down and the Power button to select an option.
Step 5: Tap Wipe data/factory reset. Now, select Yes to confirm the wipe. Wait until the data wipe is done.
Step 6: Select Wipe cache partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
Step 7: Return to the main menu and hit Advanced. Here, select Wipe Dalvik cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
Step 8: Select Install ZIP From SD Card then tap Choose ZIP From SD Card. Locate the ROM file you copied in step 2 and select it. Confirm the action on the next screen to flash the ROM.
Step 9: After the ROM is installed, select Go back and hit Reboot system now to boot your phone into Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.
Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean is now installed on your Samsung Galaxy S i9000.
[Source: Android Authority]
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader