Affinity ROM based on Android 4.1 for Galaxy Nexus i9250.
An AOSP ROM based on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) has been ported on the international variant of Galaxy Nexus. XDA senior member known as purian123 has developed the Affinity ROM based on Jelly Bean for Galaxy Nexus. The ROM will reportedly pack fast, responsive, intuitive and professional user interface. It also has a weather lock screen, exclusive ADA wallpapers, custom power widget and customised Navbar settings.
"Our goal is to offer Android users an improved device experience with our AffinitySERIES ROM Edition and our upcoming applications, while maintaining a high level of professionalism to our community," reads a statement on the XDA Developers' forum.
Here are the steps to install the Affinity ROM on Galaxy Nexus. IBTimes UK advises users to proceed at their own risk and reiterate we will not be held responsible for any consequences.
- Please keep in mind that the ROM is compatible only with the international variant of Galaxy Nexus with model number i9250. Hence, trying to implement the method on any other device could put your device at risk.
- You can manually check the model number by heading to Settings > About phone.
- The method will wipe away all the data, settings and apps.IBTimes UK advises users to make a back-up of all data including APN settings before the installation.
- Unlock bootloader on your Galaxy Nexus.
- Finally, ensure that ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery is installed on your Galaxy Nexus.
How to install Affinity ROM on Galaxy Nexus:
- Download the latest version of ROM as well as Google Apps package from the official thread on xda-developers forum
- Without extracting copy both downloaded zip files to device's internal SD card.
- Switch off the phone and boot to CWM recovery. To do so, press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons until the screen turns on. Now, navigate to Restart Recovery option by using the Volume button and then choose it using the Power key to restart in recovery.
- Perform Nandroid backup of the existing ROM. To do so, choose Backup and Restore > on next screen choose Backup. On completing the backup, go back to main recovery menu.
- Choose Wipe Data/Factory reset
- FOLLOW IBTIMES
- Choose install zip from sdcard and then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to ROM file and select it
- Choose "Yes" to confirm installation. The ROM will begin installing
- After installing ROM, once again choose install zip from sdcard and browse to Gapps file. Choose "Yes" to confirm installation
- After installing Gapps, choose go back and then select reboot system now to reboot the device into Affinity ROM
You have now installed Affinity ROM on your international variant of Galaxy Nexus
[Information Courtesy: The Android Soul]
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader