JRO03D ROM based on Android 4.1.1 is available for Nexus 7.
A member of the XDA Developers' forum has released a JRO03D Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) ROM for the Google Nexus 7. This is a significant release because the ROM is a stock Deodexed ROM.
The difference between an Odex ROM and a Deodex ROM is that the Odex ROM contains main files moved to another area for faster booting whereas the Deodex ROM carries the files that are compiled inside the APK. The benefit of having a Deodex ROM is that the user can customise the ROM.
If you wish to update your Nexus 7 with this ROM please follow below instructions. IBTimes UK warns its readers it will not be held responsible for damage to the device during installation. Ensure the Nexus 7 is rooted and ClockWork Mod (CWM) Recovery is installed. In addition, ensure all important data is backed-up and the battery has more than 80 percent charge.
- FOLLOW IBTIMES
Steps to Install Android 4.1.1 JRO03D to Nexus 7
- Download Android 4.1.1 JRO03D ROM
- Connect device to computer using USB cable
- Copy downloaded ROM to SDcard of Nexus 7
- Turn Nexus 7 off and place device in Bootloader Mode (to do so, turn device on by simultaneously pressing Volume Up, Down and Power buttons
- Select Bootloader Mode and select Recovery
- In CWM Recovery mode, perform Data Wipe
- Navigate to SDcard, select and confirm installation
- After installation, return to main Recovery menu and reboot system; this may take a few minutes
The Google Nexus 7 is now running Android 4.1.1 JRO03D ROM. You may verify software by browsing to Settings > About Phone.
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader