Photo Credit: flickr.com/ methodshop.com
A lot of consumers are anticipating the launching event of the flagship phone of Apple, iPhone 5, tomorrow in the US.
Everyone hold their breath for the announcement of the much awaited iPhone 5 tomorrow. Apple and carriers gave your various reasons why you should get one mentioning faster connectivity, larger screen and longer battery life.
However, we advise that you put off your plan to purchase of the aforementioned device. Below are the five reasons why you should not buy the latest iPhone yet.
1. Bugs - In the past years, buying the new iPhone right after announcement was never a wise decision since there are technicalities that are still under works. For example, when iPhone 4 came out, there was a problem on its external antenna.
The latest iPhone will get a major makeover based on the rumors and we can expect more bugs than usual. It is best to wait until all bugs and appropriate modifications are cleared by Apple's developers.
- FOLLOW IBTIMES
2. Screen Display - One of the major reasons that Apple keeps its 3.5-inch screen display is because some iPhone apps are designed for its size and aspect ratio.
Although moving towards a larger screen may be a benefit to movie junkies since a lot of films are shot on that ratio, it may mean bad news to your favorite apps. We advise the consumers to check first if your important apps, especially those essential apps that you use everyday, work on the new screen of iPhone 5.
3. 4G/LTE Connectivity - Apple is reported to be working on the fastest wireless networks around the world, including in the Europe, Asia and - hopefully - Australia, as well as the USA.
Apple have not release its official statement about this matter yet. It is yet to be seen if Apple will support 4G networks in various countries aside from the US.
4. Dock Connector - The new phone probably will have a new, smaller connector to connect it to a computer, doing away with the standard 32-pin connector that has been the staple for Apple's iPhones for years.
5. Cases and Accessories - Following the change of iPhone's dock connector, it means that you should upgrade all of your external accessories. Apple will probably release a new adapter that goes from the new connector to the old connector to help mitigate problems, but it will also mean extra cost.
The unveiling event is believed to be set on September 12. The device is speculated to go on sale on September 21. The launch happens to be when US carriers have scheduled vacation blackouts for employees. It seemed that the employees will need the strength to handle excited iPhone buyers.
For Australia, it is still unclear when Aussies can start pre-ordering the devices. However, Apple stores in Australia always have the same or close schedule with the US counterparts.
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.com.au, the business news leader