An updated version of XXDLI8 firmware is available for Galaxy S3 I9300.
The leak of the Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) XXDLI8 firmware for the international version of the Samsung Galaxy S3 has been followed by that of a new build for the same file. It is important to remember this updated build needs base firmware Android 4.0.4 XXBLH3 (Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS)) before proceeding with a XXDLI8 installation.
In addition, IBTimes UK warns its readers it will not be held responsible for damage to device during installation. Users are advised to back-up all important data before proceeding, ensure the device is factory unlocked and there is more than 80 percent charge in the battery. Also ensure the correct USB drivers are installed and USB debugging mode is enabled. Finally, verify build number of device; this firmware works only with Galaxy S3 I9300.
Update Galaxy S3 to Android 4.0.4 XXBLH3 (Skip if Already Installed)
- Download Android 4.0.4 XXBLH3 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Download Odin v1.85
- Turn device off and restart in Download Mode (to do so, start device be pressing Volume Down, Home and Power buttons until construction Android robot and triangle appear and then press Power again)
- Start Odin and connect device to computer while in Download Mode
- In Odin, select these files in the order mentioned
- Click on PDA and select Code
- Click on PHONE and select Modem
- Click on CSC and select CSC
- Click on PIT and select .pit
- Note: Ignore last three steps if such files are not found
- Click on Start in Odin to begin installation
- After installation the device will restart. You may unplug device when Home screen appears
- FOLLOW IBTIMES
The Galaxy S3 is now updated to Android 4.0.4 XXBLH3. Once base firmware is installed you can follow the guide below to install updated XXDLI8 Jelly Bean.
To Install Updated Android 4.1.1 XXDLI8 for Galaxy S3
- Download Android 4.1.1 XXDLI8 (Jelly Bean)
- Connect Galaxy S3 to computer with USB cable
- Copy downloaded file to SD card on device
- Unplug device from computer and turn it off
- Start phone in Recovery Mode (start device while pressing Volume Up, Home and Power buttons)
- In Recovery Mode, use volume keys to navigate to "Apply Update from SD Card" and select option
- Press Power again and this time select "Choose Zip from SD Card"
- Use volume keys to browse to downloaded XXDLi8 firmware, select and confirm installation
- After installation, return to main Recovery menu and select Reboot System. This should take a few minutes
The Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 is running the updated Android 4.1.1 XXDLI8 (Jelly Bean) firmware. You may verify firmware version by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
[Source: Team Android]
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader