LG Optimus One.LG Optimus.
In spite of of being an old smartphone, developers have not stopped themselves from bringing the goodness of Jelly Bean to Optimus One. The latest CyanogenMod (CM) 10 Crystal ROM has been released by XDA senior member known as JeduRocks.
Take a look at the steps below to install CM10 Crystal ROM on LG Optimus One. The method involves risk of data damage. IBTimes UK advises users to proceed at their own risk and will not be held responsible for any consequences.
- The ROM and method are compatible only with the LG Optimus One (model numbers P500/P506/P505/P509). Do not attempt the method on any other devices. In order to check the model go to Settings > About phone.
- The method will wipe away all the data, settings and apps. IBTimes UK advises users to make a back-up of all data including APN settings before the installation.
- Make sure that the device has ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery already installed in it.
How to install CM10 Crystal ROM on LG Optimus One:
- Download and install latest version of ROM from official thread at XDA Developers' forum
- Download Google Apps package from here
- Copy both downloaded files to your device's internal SD card
- Turn off the device and boot into ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery. Press and hold Home + Volume Up and Power buttons both together to boot into CWM recovery.
- FOLLOW IBTIMES
In Recovery, use the Volume button to scroll up or down and use the Power key to choose the options.
- Make a Nandroid back-up of the existing ROM. To perform the backup, head to Backup and Restore > select Backup once again. After completing backup, go back to main recovery menu
- Choose Wipe Data/ Factory Reset and then choose "Yes" to confirm the installation. Choose install zip from sdcard and then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to ROM and select it. Once again, choose "Yes" to confirm installation. The ROM will begin installing
- After installing ROM, select choose zip from sdcard and then select Google Apps package file for installation
- Choose go back and then choose reboot system now to reboot the device into CM10 Crystal ROM.
Note: Users who may wish to go back to the previous ROM can follow step 4 and choose backup and restore. Now, choose restore in order to restore the ROM.
CM10 Crystal ROM, based on Jelly Bean is now installed and running on your LG Optimus One.
[Information Courtesy: The Android Soul]
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader