Install Android 4.1.2 JZO54K Paranoid Jelly Bean Custom Firmware on Galaxy Tab 7.7 [Guide]
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 receives a Paranoid Android 4.1.2 JZO54K Jelly Bean ROM. This is based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP). There is no word, so far, on the official Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) firmware update for the Galaxy Tab 7.7. Therefore, interested users may update their device to Jelly Bean with Paranoid Android 4.1.2 JZO54K custom firmware.
IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for damage to the device during installation. Remember this ROM and procedure is compatible only with the Galaxy Tab 7.7 (P6800).
Requirements: Ensure you have installed appropriate USB drivers for the Galaxy Tab 7.7 and that USB debugging mode is enabled. Also ensure the tablet's battery has a charge of at least 80 percent and all important data is backed-up. Finally, ensure the Galaxy Tab 7.7 is factory unlocked, rooted and has ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery installed.
To Install Paranoid Android 4.1.2 JZO54K Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy Tab 7.7:
- Download CM10 Jelly Bean Android 4.1.2ROMand GoogleAppsfiles to computer
- Connect device to computer using USB cable and copy Android 4.1.2 ROM and Google Apps zip files to device's SD card
- Switch tablet off and enter Recovery Mode (to do so, press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons)
- In CWM Recovery, wipe all data and then scroll to and select Flash Zip from SD Card
- Now, select Choose Zip from SD card
- Navigate to and select Android 4.1.2 ROM zip file. Tap Yes to confirm installation
- Repeat step to install Google Apps package
- After installation, go to +++++Go Back and reboot tablet by choosing Reboot System Now from recovery menu
Paranoid Android 4.1.2 JZO54K Jelly Bean ROM has now been installed on the Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6800.
[Source: Team Android]
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader