Sony Xperia Pro
A new three-in-one custom ROM firmware known as Pacman has been made available for Sony Xperia Pro, bringing the taste of Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) to the device. This ROM is based on the Paranoid Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) and CyanogenMod (CM) ROM firmware. This is not an official firmware, but a custom ROM released by an XDA developer known as mang.agoest.
The things that are reportedly working include data, SMS, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, audio, video, USB mass storage, touchscreen, AOKP ROM control, tablet user interface, front camera, native USB OTG and more.
IBTimes UK will not be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk. The ROM and procedure are compatible only with Xperia Pro and not on any other variant or device.
Requirements: Enable USB debugging and ensure that your device is left with a minimum charge of 60 per cent. Make sure that you have backed up all your data.
Install Pacman custom ROM on Sony Xperia Pro:
- Download Pacman custom ROM firmware package to your PC
- Connect your device to the PC using USB cable and copy the zip files to any convenient location in your device
- Disconnect the device from PC and download the ROM Manager app
- Flash the CWM recovery in your Xperia Pro. Once the recovery is flashed choose the option of Reboot into Recovery Mode to reboot the device in recovery mode
- In recovery mode, choose install zip from sd card > choose zip from sd card and then select Pacman custom ROM firmware.
- After applying the update choose Go Back and reboot system now to reboot the device. To verify whether your device is updated head to Settings > About phone.
You have successfully installed the Pacman custom ROM firmware on your Xperia Pro.
[Source: Android Advices]
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader