The UltraSn0w Fixer for iOS 6.0.1 has been updated.
Apple has released an update to the iOS 6 mobile operating software - iOS 6.0.1 - for the iPhone, the iPad and the iPod Touch. The file is not listed as a major update but according to Apple does bring several improvements and bug fixes.
Features of iOS 6.0.1
- Fixes a bug preventing the iPhone 5 from installing software wirelessly
- Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard
- Fixes an issue interfering with the camera's flash function
- Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod Touch (fifth generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks
- Resolves an issue preventing the iPhone from using cellular networks in some instances
- Consolidated Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match
- Fixes Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen
- Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings
New RedSn0w for iOS 6.0.1
Meanwhile, the iPhone Dev Team has announced a new RedSn0w version - v0.9.15b3 - which fixes issues in the iPhone 3GS and also supports fixes to upgrade/downgrade iPad basebands. The team has yet to release an official version of UltraSn0w for iOS 6. However, the UltraSn0w Fixer has been updated for iOS 6.0.1, enabling iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS owners to unlock devices running the latest official firmware. The UltraSn0w Fixer for iOS 6.0.1 is compatible with these baseband versions and iPhones.
Compatible Baseband Versions
iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS owners looking to unlock devices running iOS 6.0.1 may follow this tutorial. IBTimes UK reminds its readers it will not be held responsible for damage to the device during installation. Please ensure all important data is properly backed-up and the battery is fully charged.
To unlock iPhone 4 / iPhone 3GS on iOS 6.0.1 using UltraSn0w Fixer
- Jailbreak device (to do so, follow this tutorial)
- Open Cydia on device. Follow this path - Manager > Sources > Edit > Add. Now add this iParelhos repository - http://repo.iparelhos.com
- After addition, install official version of UltraSn0w
- Note: You are not going to install UltraSn0w Fixer for iOS 6.0.1 but for the official version of UltraSn0w
- After installation of UltraSn0w, search for UltraSn0w Fixer for iOS 6.0.1 in Cydia and click on Install to confirm action
After installation of both UltraSn0w and UltraSn0w Fixer for iOS 6.0.1, the iPhone 4 / iPhone 3GS should now be unlocked and compatible with any SIM card.
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader