Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 Gets Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with AOKP Milestone 1 ROM
Recently, a spate of Samsung Galaxy and Nexus devices has received the latest Jelly Bean update through the AOKP Milestone 1 ROM. The ROM is reportedly the most stable version of AOKP to date and its installation requires your device to be rooted with ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) installed. Besides, it brings a host of new features and bug-fixes for existing AOKP ROMs.
Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean Features
- Adjustable NavBar width for Tablets
- Allow "Vibrate on Touch" behaviour for Slide unlock
- Toggles can be hidden like in ICS - long press on the Settings button!
- Clickable (short & long configurable) Clock and Calendar in the Notification Slider
- The instructions provided in this guide are applicable only to the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 model and will not work on any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Verify that the correct USB drivers are installed on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P5110 (10.1) to enable connectivity with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 USB drivers
- Enable USB debugging mode by navigating to Settings > Applications > Development and check the USB debugging option.
- Make sure that your tablet battery is at least 85 percent charged to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while flashing the AOKP Milestone 1 custom ROM on your tablet.
- Users are advised to back up apps, important personal data and settings on their tablet to avoid data loss while installing the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update.
- Ensure that your tablet is factory unlocked, rooted and ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) installed on it before proceeding with the AOKP Milestone 1 ROM installation procedure.
- Verify that a Dalvik Cache wipe is done before continuing from the recovery mode.
- Samsung KIES will not recognise your phone after installing the AOKP Milestone 1 ROM, as it is a custom release.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using the Android 4.1.2 firmware update. Users are cautioned to proceed at their own risk.
How to Update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 WiFi P5110 to Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean ROM
- FOLLOW IBTIMES
Step 1 - Download Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean ROM and Google Apps for Galaxy Tab 2 P5110 on your computer.
Step 2 - Connect and mount your tablet's USB mass storage on your computer with an USB cable.
Step 3 - Copy the downloaded Android 4.1.2 ROM zip and Google Apps zip files to the root folder on your tablet's SD card.
Step 4 - Power off your tablet and disconnect its USB cable from the computer.
Step 5 - Press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons together until the device boots into Recovery Mode (CWM recovery).
Step 6 - In CWM recovery, do a full data wipe first. Then browse to flash zip from SD card option and hit the Power button to select it.
Step 7 - Tap the Power button again and click choose zip from sdcard.
Step 8 - Use the volume keys to navigate to the Android 4.1.2 ROM zip file that you copied to your tablet's SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the ROM installation on next screen and the installation procedure should begin.
NOTE: Repeat the same step for installing Google Apps as well.
Step 9 - Once the ROM is installed, hit Go Back and tap reboot system now in the recovery menu. The tablet will reboot now and the first boot might take about 5 minutes to complete. So, leave it alone.
Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is now successfully updated to Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean ROM. Go to Settings > About tablet to verify the firmware version installed.
[Source: Team Android]
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader