Sony Xperia Ray
The latest Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) CyanogenMod 10 (CM10) ROM is now available for Sony Xperia Ray, courtesy of CyanogenMod 10 team and the FreeXperia team.
Users looking to update their devices with the latest version of Jelly Bean may follow this tutorial. IBTimes UK cautions its readers it will not be held responsible for damage to the device during installation. This ROM and method are compatible only with the Xperia Ray ST18i and ST18a variants.
- Ensure you have installed required USB drivers for the Xperia Ray and that USB debugging mode is enabled
- Ensure device's battery has a charge of at least 80 percent
- Ensure all important data is backed-up
- Ensure the Xperia Ray is factory unlocked, rooted and has ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery installed
To install Android 4.1.2 CM10 ROM on Sony Xperia Ray:
- Download CM10 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM and Google Apps package to computer
- Connect device to computer using USB cable and copy Android 4.1.2 ROM and Google Apps zip files to device's SD card
- Turn device off and enter recovery mode (to do so, keep pressing Volume Down button repeatedly)
- Select Bootloader and navigate to recovery
- In CWM recovery, perform full data wipe and scroll to and select Flash Zip from SD card
- Now, select Choose Zip from SD card
- Navigate to and choose Android 4.1.2 CM10 ROM file. Tap Yes to confirm installation
- Repeat above step to install Google Apps
- After installation completes, go to +++++Go Back and reboot device by choosing Reboot System Now from recovery menu
Android 4.1.2 CM10 custom ROM has now been installed on Sony Xperia Ray. This may be verified by browsing to Settings > About Phone.
[Source: Team Android]
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader