Samsung Galaxy Ace
Samsung Galaxy Ace users can now update their smartphone with the all-new Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) based custom ROM firmware. This is not an official firmware, but a custom ROM firmware. The firmware, called Jellyblast, is said to be a stable custom firmware.
Galaxy Ace owners looking to instal the ROM may follow this tutorial but IBTimes UK reminds readers it will not be held responsible for damage to the device during installation. Remember this guide works only with the Galaxy Ace carrying model number S5830i.
- Ensure device has at least 30 percent battery charge
- Ensure all important data is backed-up
- Make sure the device is rooted. To check whether it is rooted or not you have to download the Root Checker app from Google Play store.
To install Android 4.1.1 Jellyblast custom ROM:
- Download the Jellyblast custom ROM firmware package to your computer. On connecting the device to the computer via USB cable you can copy the zip file to device
- Unplug the device to make the device enter Recovery mode
- The recovery mode can be entered by holding Menu button, while holding this button press the Power button to turn device on. You may also enter Recovery mode from the ROM Manager app
- In Recovery mode, select Install Zip from SD Card > Choose Zip from SD Card
- Navigate to and select Android 4.1.1 custom ROM firmware
- It may take 3-4 minutes for the applying the update. Select Go Back and Reboot System Now to reboot the device in normal mode
You have now installed Android 4.1.1 Jellyblast ROM on your Galaxy Ace. This may be verified by browsing to Settings > About Phone.
Note: If the device does not bootup or shows the home screen then remove and re-insert the battery in order to boot the device in the normal mode.
[Information Courtesy: Android Advices]
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader