Android 4.1.1 Omega ROM Jelly Bean Arrives for Galaxy Note 2 N7100
Galaxy Note 2 N7100 stands alight for its raw processing power, appealing design and cool features with the striking prowess of Jelly Bean onboard. Android 4.1.1 Omega ROM custom firmware brings super-smooth, super-fast and visually-appealing Android experience to Note 2, with due credit to XDA Developers member - indie.
The ROM is reportedly the sixth iteration of the custom release that ports the latest bug-fixes which is not available in the previous versions. Discerning users who are eager to try out the new custom ROM can follow our step-by-step guide posted below.
Key Points to Note
- The Android 4.1.1 Omega ROM and the instructions provided in this guide are applicable for the Galaxy Note 2 N7100 model only and will not work with any other device. Verify your phone's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Users are advised to backup important data, apps and settings to avoid risk of data loss while flashing the Omega ROM on your Galaxy Note 2.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware update. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- Make sure that your Galaxy Note 2 device isrootedwithClockworkMod Recovery (CWM)installed on it.
- Keep your phone'sUSB cable handyto connect it to your computer for downloading and copying the firmware package.
- Enable USB debugging modeby navigating to Settings > Applications > Development and check the USB debugging option.
- Download theOmega ROM v6.0packageto your computer's desktop.
- Verify that yourphone's battery is at least 85 percent chargedto prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while installing the Omega custom ROM firmware update on your phone.
- Disable antivirusandother security suiteon your phone that could hamper the firmware update process.
How to Install Android 4.1.1 Omega ROM Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note 2 N7100
1. Copy the downloaded Omega ROM v6.0 package to the root folder on your phone's internal SD card.
2. Power off your phone. Now, press and hold down the Volume Up, Power, and Home buttons together until your phone boots into CWM Recovery.
NOTE: Use Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an item or option in recovery.
3. Take a NANDroid backup of your existing ROM. To create a backup, hit Backup and Restore and click Backup.
4. Now, choose Wipe data/Factory reset and confirm the action on next screen.
NOTE: Wipe cache and wipe Dalvik cache will be done automatically after this step.
5. Choose Install ZIP from SD Card.
6. Click Choose ZIP from SD Card option and navigate to the N7100_Omega_v6.0_ZSALJA.zip file that you copied in step 1. Select the file and confirm the action on next screen to begin the ROM installation on your phone.
7. Once the ROM is installed, click Go back and tap Reboot System Now. Your phone will now reboot into the newly installed Omega ROM.
Android 4.1.1 Omega ROM v6.0 is now successfully installed on your Galaxy Note 2. Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the firmware version installed.
[Source: Android Authority]
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader