Samsung started rolling Jelly Bean update for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110.
Samsung has released an Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) update for the Wi-Fi version of the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P3110). The update is available both over-the-air (OTA) and via Samsung Kies. The first roll-out was to France but the file is compatible with UK users.
- PDA: P3110XXCLK5
- CSC: P3110XEFCLK1
- Modem: P3110XXCLK5
- Version: 4.1.1
To access the OTA update, navigate to Settings > About Tablet > System Updates > Update. For a manual installation, refer this guide. IBTimes UK reminds its readers it will not be held responsible for damage to the device during this process. The Android 4.1.1 XXCLK5 (Jelly Bean) firmware is compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P3110).
- Install USB drivers for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and enable USB debugging mode
- Ensure back-up of all important data
- Ensure battery carries above 80 percent charge
- Ensure tablet is factory unlocked
To Install Android 4.1.1 XXCLK5 on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110
- Download Android 4.1.1 XXCLK5 (Jelly Bean) firmware to computer and extract zip file
- Download Odin v1.85
- Switch off tablet and re-start in Download Mode (to do so, press Volume Up and Power buttons until warning message appears and then press Volume Down to continue)
- Start Odin on computer
- Connect tablet to computer with USB cable (a successful connection with Odin is indicated with a message box reading Added in bottom left box and COM port with number against yellow background)
- Select these files in the order mentioned
- Click PDA and select Code
- Click Tablet and select Modem
- Click CSC and select CSC
- Click PIT and select .pit
- Note: Ignore last three steps if such files are not found
- Start installation in Odin
- After installation, a message box reading Pass (against green background) will appear. The device will automatically reboot. Disconnect device only after Samsung logo appears on reboot
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P3110) is now running Android 4.1.1 XXCLK5 (Jelly Bean) official firmware. This can be verified by browsing to Settings > About Tablet.
[Source: Android Jinn]
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader