Android 4.1.1 XXALJD Jelly Bean firmware released for Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE N8020.
An official Android 4.1.1 update (base firmware XXALJD) has released for the LTE version of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8020). The Jelly Bean firmware was meant for UK users and is compatible with some other European countries.
The XXALJD (Jelly Bean) firmware is available over Samsung Kies. Users unable to access the file via that method may follow this guide for a manual installation. IBTimes UK reminds its readers it will not be responsible for any damage to the device. This Jelly Bean firmware is compatible only with the LTE-version of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8020).
- Ensure USB drivers are downloaded and enable USB debugging mode
- Ensure back-up of all important data
- Ensure battery carries more than 80 percent charge
- Ensure device is factory unlocked
To Install Android 4.1.1 XXALJD on Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE (N8020)
- Download Android 4.1.1 XXALJD (Jelly Bean) to computer and extract zip file
- Download Odin3 v1.85
- Switch device off and re-start in Download Mode (to do so, press Volume Down and Power buttons till Samsung logo appears on screen. Wait a few seconds and Download Mode should initiate)
- Launch Odin on computer
- Connect Galaxy Note to computer using USB cable (a successful connection is indicated by an "Added" message and a COM port number against a yellow background)
- In Odin, select these files in the order mentioned
- Click PDA button and select Code
- Click Phone and select Modem
- Click CSC and select CSC
- Click PIT and select .pit
- Note: Ignore last three steps if such files are not found
- Start installation in Odin
- After installation, a "Pass" message (against a green background) indicates success. The tablet will now reboot and remember to disconnect only after Samsung logo appears
- Note: If Note gets stuck during above reboot, browse to Recovery mode by pressing Volume Up and Power buttons and perform a Wipe Data/Factory Reset followed by Reboot System Now
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE (N8020) is now running Android 4.1.1 XXALJD (Jelly Bean). This can be verified by browsing to Settings > About Tablet.
To Root Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE (N8020) on Android 4.1.1 XXALJD
- Download CF-Auto-Root rooting package to computer and extract zip file
- Download Odin3 v1.85, if file is not already present
- Switch off device and re-start in Download Mode (to do so, press Volume Down and Home buttons until a warning message appears and then press Volume Down to enter Download Mode)
- Start Odin and connect device using USB cable
- In Odin, click on PDA tab and select CF-Auto-Root-p4notelte-gtn8020.tar.md5
- Start installation in Odin
- After installation, the same "Pass" message as above will appear and the device will reboot. Remember to disconnect only after Samsung logo appears on the screen
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE (N8020), running Android 4.1.1 XXALJD (Jelly Bean) is now rooted and ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery is installed. To ensure the device is successfully rooted, verify with the Root Checker app, which is available from the Google Play Store.
[Source: Android Jinn]
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader