(Photo: Samsung )
The Galaxy Note N7000 can be updated to Android 4.1.2 JZO54K with Slim Bean v2.7.
The first generation of Samsung's popular phablet has been waiting for the latest Jelly Bean OS update for quite some time and while the official upgrade is still nowhere in sight, an Android 4.1.2 firmware leaked on the web for impatient users.
The firmware is N7000XXLSA, which is the first 4.1.2 leak for the Note appeared in SamMobile. The unofficial update lacks S Pen features which are expected to be implemented later, towards the final release. This build is JZO54K and is a pre-release ROM so a few bugs are expected alongside a lot of entries in the changelog.
"We know N7000XXLSA was leaked few days ago on XDA-Developers but that was not the complete firmware as that firmware was dumped from a person's device. Later that day, We of SamMobile contacted our insider and requested the N7000XXLSA firmware. Today our insider managed to get us the proper N7000XXLSA Firmware directly from Samsung's Servers," noted the Web site.
This new test firmware is like the other official firmware, and interested users will just need to flash the firmware with Odin and that will be enough. There is absolutely no need to flash any fixes later on. The Web site also states that the guys there have fully tested this firmware and it works perfectly as smoothly any other official firmware.
- FOLLOW IBTIMES
Here is the list of enhancements that will arrive with the new Jelly Bean update:
- Android 4.1.2 - Build JZO54K
- Notable buttery smooth performance and great stability (Project Butter feature)
- Multi-View (multi windows multitasking, similar to Note 2)
- Option to disable Multi-View
- Page Buddy
- Customizable notification panel
- Notification panel has new additions
- Smart Rotation option (screen display now adjusts to the user's angle of sightings)
- Input in Samsung Keyboard (similar to Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
- Samsung's Cloud services
- Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play Features
- Brand new widgets from the Galaxy S3
- Two home screen modes
- New notifications bar
- Google Now
Below is the step by step procedure of installing the firmware in your Samsung Galaxy Note from SamMobile after you downloaded the zip file from the site.
- Unzip the file
- Open Odin 3.04 (Get it from HERE)
- Restart phone in download mode (Home+power+vol down)
- Connect phone and wait until you get a yellow sign in Odin
- Add CODE_N7000XXLSA_549786_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5 to PDA
- Add MODEM_N7000XXLSA_REV_05_CL1222228.tar.md5 to PHONE
- Add CSC_OXA_N7000OXALSA_549786_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5 to CSC
- Make sure re-partition NOT ticked
- Start flash, sit back and wait a few minutes.
The leaked firmware is unofficial and everyone is advised to proceed with caution as this is not the official Android update. Thus, all of the necessary precautions must be taken. Just like all other firmware, there is a possibility that your phone could brick, and that your warranty might be voided.
Samsung still needs to polish up the final build, and the official Android 4.1.2 update for the Galaxy Note is expected to release early next year.
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.com.au, the business news leader