Samsung Galaxy W
Samsung Galaxy W I8150 users can upgrade their smartphone to Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) using the new PAC-man custom ROM. This custom ROM is said to be an AOSP release which is reported to be relatively stable.
Readers looking to update a Galaxy W to this Jelly Bean custom ROM can do so by following this tutorial. However, IBTimes UK warns its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during installation. Please note this ROM and guide is compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy W I8150.
- Ensure all important data is backed-up
- Ensure device has ClockWorkMod (CWM) custom Recovery installed
- Enable USB debugging
- Ensure all appropriate USB drivers are installed
- Make a Nandroid back-up
To Install PAC-man Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy W
- DownloadPAC-man Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM and Google apps package to PC
- Connect device to PC using USB cable and copy Android 4.1.2 ROM and Google apps file to device's SD card
- Turn device off, enter Recovery mode (you can do so, by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons)
- Choose Bootloader and go to Recovery
- In CWM Recovery, perform data wipe
- Now scroll to and select Flash Zip from SD Card by pressing the Power key
- Then select Choose Zip from SD card
- Navigate to and choose Android 4.1.2 ROM file and tap Yes to confirm installation. The installation should now begin
- Repeat above step to select and install Google apps package
- After installation completes, go to +++++Go Back and reboot device by selecting Reboot System Now from Recovery menu
The Samsung Galaxy W should now have AllianceROM PAC-man Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM installed. This can be verified by browsing to Settings > About Phone.
[Source: Team Android]
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader