Galaxy S GT I9000 Gets Leaked Official Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Firmware
Galaxy S GT I9000 had earlier received the first stock build of Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update via AOSP ROM. Now, the second iteration of the AOSP ROM based stock firmware is out, with due credit to the industrious XDA Android developers.
The official Jelly Bean firmware from Samsung is not coming anytime soon due to the alleged hardware limitations. However, the custom ROM developers are working hard to deliver the best stock Android 4.2 Jelly bean experience to the users on the Galaxy S GT I9000.
The instructions given in this guide are meant for reference purpose only. IBTimes UK will not be held responsible if you damage or brick your device in the process of installing the leaked official Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean firmware.
- The Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean firmware and the instructions provided in this guide are applicable for the international variant Galaxy S GT I9000 model only and will not work with any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Verify if your phone is actually rooted or not by downloading and installing the Root Checker app from the Google Play Store.
- IBTimes UK advises users to backup apps, important data and settings manually using the guide to avoid risk of data loss while installing the Jelly Bean firmware update. Users are strongly advised to avoid using Samsung KIES or ROM Manager for data backup, as it may potentially brick the device.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your phone by navigating to Settings > Applications > Development.
- Make sure that your phone's battery has at least 80 percent charge to avoid unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while flashing the Android 4.2.1 official Jelly Bean firmware on the Galaxy S GT I9000.
- FOLLOW IBTIMES
How to Install Leaked Official Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Firmware
- Download the official Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Firmware package to your computer. Once the download is complete, connect your phone to the computer using original USB cable and then copy the two zip files to the root folder on your phone's SD card.
- After copying the two files, disconnect the device from computer and download the ROM Manager app from Google Play Store. Launch the app and grant Superuser access by tapping on the Grant option.
- Now, in ROM Manager app, choose Enter into Recovery Mode option to boot the device in Recovery Mode. Alternatively, you can also put the device in recovery mode manually. To do so, Power off the device and then press and hold Volume Up and the Home key buttons (the middle button). Switch on the device while still holding both the buttons to enter Recovery.
- In Recovery Mode, Choose Wipe data/factory reset and click Wipe Cache partition. If the device boots in normal mode, then you need to retry the process of booting the device in Recovery Mode.
- Now, click Install zip from sd card and choose the copied Jelly Bean 4.2.1 Zip Package. Then repeat the step for installing Google Apps Package. It may take about 3 to 5 minutes for installing the update. However, the firmware update may sometimes take longer than expected to complete the installation process.
- After the firmware is updated, hit Go back and click Reboot System Now. Now, go to Settings > About Phone and check the firmware version installed.
Note: In case if the device fails to boot up or display the home screen, then remove the battery and reinsert it to boot the device again in normal mode.
Leaked official Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean stock ROM is now successfully installed on your Galaxy S GT I9000.
[Source: Android Advices]
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader