Sony Xperia T
Sony Xperia T, the new flagship smartphone, has received Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) CyanogenMod 10.1 (CM10.1) ROM that brings the latest version of Android for the device. The device should have the custom recovery installed. Many features may not work in this ROM since it is a work-in-progress custom firmware.
IBTimes UK reminds users to proceed at their own risk. The ROM is compatible only with the Xperia T (LT30p) model.
- Ensure the device is rooted and has CWM recovery installed
- Make a Nandroid backup
To install Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 ROM on Sony Xperia T:
- FOLLOW IBTIMES
- Download CM10.1 Android 4.2.1 ROM and Google Apps to the PC
- Connect and mount the device USB memory on PC via USB cable
- Copy the downloaded files to the SD card, while make sure the files are not placed in the root folder
- Turn the device off and unplug from USB cable. Enter the device in Recovery mode (to do so, turn the device on while pressing the Volume Down repeatedly)
- In CWM recovery, perform a full data wipe and scroll down to Flash Zip from SD Card
- Press the Power button once again and select Choose Zip from SD Card
- Navigate to the ROM zip file and choose it using the Power button. Confirm the installation and installation should now begin
- Repeat this step to install Google Apps as well
- Go to +++++Go Back option and reboot the device by choosing Reboot System Now. The device will now boot and it might take about 5 minutes to boot
The Xperia T (LT30P) should now be running Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 custom ROM.
[Source: Team Android]
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader