Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T
Asus Transformer Pad Infinity (TF700T) owners can now update the device to the latest Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) firmware.
This firmware is an Android Open Source Project (AOSP)-based custom ROM. Features confirmed as working include OpenGL graphics, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, audio and microphone and the SD card, among others. Features reported as not working and/or buggy include the camera app and GPS functionality.
Transformer Pad Infinity users can update the device using this tutorial. IBTimes UK warns its readers it will not be held responsible for damage to the device during this procedure.
- Enable USB debugging
- Ensure battery has at least 80 percent charge
- Ensure back-up of data
To Install Android 4.2.1 Firmware on Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700
- Download Android 4.2.1 firmware package and Google apps package to PC
- Connect device to PC using USB cable and copy both .zip files to device. Once files are copied, disconnect device from PC
- Download ROM Manager app and choose Reboot into Recovery Mode
- Alternatively, press and hold Volume Down and Power to re-start device in Recovery Mode (press and hold till this message appears - Press Volume Up to Enter RCK (5s) - at which point press Volume Up
- Select Install Zip from SD Card > Choose Zip from SD Card. Now, choose Jelly Bean .zip file and Gapps package
- The selected files will begin installing. Please note this process may take some time to complete
- After installation, choose Go Back and then select Reboot System Now to boot the device in normal mode
- Note: If the device enters a boot loop sequence then remove and re-insert battery and follow the above steps once again
The Asus Transformer Pad Infinity has been successfully updated to Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean). To verify software version, browse to Settings > About Phone.
[Information Courtesy: Android Advices]
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader