LG Optimus Black P970
LG Optimus Black (P970) owners can now update their device with the latest and official Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) version. As of now, there is no word as to when the Optimus Black will receive the Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) version. However, users can now enjoy the taste of ICS on their Optimus Black.
Those looking to install this firmware manually can do so by following this tutorial. The firmware update comes with several features such as updated Gesture features, Boot animation and lock screen choosing option is enabled.
Users are cautioned to proceed at their own risk and IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any consequences.
- Back up all your data including internet settings
- Enable USB deugging by heading to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging
- Uninstall the anti-virus tools to avoid the interruption during the update process
To update LG Optimus Black with ICS Android 4.0 firmware:
- Download the KDZ file to the PC. Once the file is downloaded, open the same since it is an executable file. After the application is opened, set Type and Phone Mode to choose the .kdz file in your PC
- Once the software is launched, you will have to wait for the firmware update process to complete
- To check whether the ICS firmware is updated or not, you need to check the same by browsing to Settings > About Phone
The new ICS version should now be installed and running on your LG Optimus Black (P970).
Note: In case the device does not boot up or show the home screen then remove and re-insert the battery to boot the device once again in the normal mode.
[Information Courtesy: Android Advices]
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader