HTC One X Plus
HTC One X + gets a new version of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) following the release of the CyanogenMod 10.1 (CM10.1) ROM based on Android 4.2 version.
Those who wish to install this ROM can check out the tutorial below. IBTimes UK cautions it readers it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during installation.
- Enable USB debugging
- Ensure the device has at least 80 percent battery charge
- Disable all antivirus tools to avoid the interruption during the update process
To update HTC One X+ with the Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 firmware:
- Download the Android 4.2.1 firmware package and Google Apps package to the PC and copy the same to the device
- Unplug the device from PC and turn off the device in order to enter the recovery mode from the bootloader mode
- You can enter the bootloader mode by pressing Volume Up and OK buttons, while holding the Power button
- In bootloader mode, choose Recovery so as to enter into recovery mode. In recovery mode, choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset. You need to choose Wipe Cache Partition to clear all the cache data
- Choose Install Zip from SD Card and then scroll down to choose the ROM file and Gapps. Once the firmware is updated, you need to choose Reboot System Now to reboot the device in the normal mode
You have now upgraded your HTC One X+ to Android 4.2.1.
Note: In case the device does not boot up or show the Home screen then remove and re-insert the battery to boot the device once again in normal mode
[Information Courtesy: Android Advices]
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader