Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi (P7510) that made its debut in 2011 can now be updated to the latest Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) version via unofficial CyanogenMod 10.1 (CM 10.1) ROM.
The ROM is still under development and might contain bugs or issues which are expected to be fixed as the development progresses. The method below is compatible only with the Galaxy Tab 10.1 with model number P7510.
Those who wish to install this ROM can check this tutorial. IBTimes UK cautions it readers it will not be held responsible for any consequences during installation.
- Enable USB debugging
- Ensure the device has at least 80 percent battery charge
- Make sure the bootloader is unlocked
- Ensure the device is rooted and has CWM recovery installed
Android 4.2.1 CM101.for Galaxy Tab 10.1
- FOLLOW IBTIMES
To install Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 ROM on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1:
- Connect the device to the PC and copy downloaded files to the SD card
- Unplug the device and turn the device off
- Boot into Recovery mode (to do so, press and hold Volume Up and Power buttons until a logo appears. Release the Power button and then hold Volume Up button until you see the CWM recovery screen)
- Make a Nandroid backup of existing ROM (to do so, choose Backup and Restore > Backup and then return to main Recovery menu)
- Perform a data wipe (to do so, choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset and then select Yes to confirm the action). Wait until data wipe is completed and return to main Recovery menu
- Choose Install Zip from SD Card and then select Choose Zip from SD Card. Now, browse to the zip file and select it by pressing Power key. Confirm installation by tapping Yes. ROM will begin installing
- Repeat this step but this time select Google Apps package zip file
- Go back to main Recovery menu and select Reboot System Now to reboot the device and boot into ROM
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 should now be running Android 4.2.1 based CM10.1 ROM.
[Source: Android Jinn]
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader